metronome to seperate output?

Forum for JUNO-G
roembach@hotmail.com

metronome to seperate output?

Post by roembach@hotmail.com »

is there a way to turn off the metronome on output A but leave it on in output B? i want to be able to put out live sounds, but hear the metronome on headphones, if i could split it between the different outputs that would be great, if i could get the click to the phones jack and without on another output to the live mix would be ideal. ANYTHING would help, i dont want to buy a midi timekeeper
patrik_

Re: metronome to seperate output?

Post by patrik_ »

i do it this way( fake metronome) :
in perf mode easyly create note events on every beat within first bar on selcted part. for example track 16 ( select some rhythm patch and desired sound - cowbell for example) copy first bar on track as much as you need.
press "effects" and ín "routing screen" set for part 16 output B (stereo) or outout 3 or 4 (mono)- it is the lowest option in the left column. and dont forget to connect cables to output B (stereo) or output 3 or 4 (mono) :)

or set outputs on parts depending on where you want to send them. ( default is output A, 1 and 2 go also to headphones)
roembach@hotmail.com

Post by roembach@hotmail.com »

thanks for the idea, workin out great
IanR

Post by IanR »

And just to add - if anyone else is trying this...you might also need to turn down the reverb level of the click track in the effects routing screen...

...I got some of the click track 'leaking' into the main audio output but it went away when I turned the reverb right down on the rhythm track.

But, yeah - thanks patrik. It does the trick.

Cheers, IanR
njcube

Post by njcube »

I know that this is kind of an old topic but I have a question to add.

I followed the advise above and get my 'click track', in this case, a woodblock to sound out of output B. However, if I try to connect a pair of headphones to output B L/3, the volume of the woodblock is very low through them. I was planning to just plug in a pair of headphones through output B and have a live drummer play along with the click but without better volume, it wont work. Am i overlooking somthing?

Thanks!
dbijoux

Post by dbijoux »

Slightly, that's a line level out. A headphone amp or mixer will get it done tho.
njcube

Post by njcube »

Duh! I should have realized that. Thanks.