Juno-G info

Forum for JUNO-G
Artemiy
Site Admin

Juno-G info

Post by Artemiy »

Hey all!

A quick look at the Juno-G manual shows that:

- It has more waves than the S/Xa bank: 1267 instead of 1228. We'll have to investigate what new waves there are exactly.
- It supports samples and sampling almost exactly like the S/X/Xa series, with only exception being multisamples - you can't create them on the Juno-G. You can use the sample as a wave in patches, import wav/aiff files, edit them, sample and resample just like on S/X/Xa.
- Audio tracks seem to work exactly like in the X expansion kit - Juno-G automatically creates samples and inserts them into the sequencer's audio tracks as events.
robi

euro price

Post by robi »

999,-- Euro at www.music-town.de

You can find the prices for the other new roland gear there, too

Fantom X8 V2 512MB and SRX-11
Quinnx.

seem to work exactly like in the X

Post by Quinnx. »

You forgot the most important bit...

it still has a crap file system (Just like the X)
and still no usb conectivity (just like the X)

X-Bugs.org
(Become part of the solution)

Results not Excuses

QuinnX universal tranlator below:-
(lets not be misunderstood)

!!!!!! Emphasis not anger
!!?? Confusion or Stupidity
ABC are you getting the point
&*$% Anger (but rarely seen)

Fantom-X6 with Audio Track Expansion (OS 2.0)
Windows 2000
Intel P4 2g
512mb
dboulden

Re: Juno-G info

Post by dboulden »

"it still has a crap file system (Just like the X)
and still no usb conectivity (just like the X)"

and it's irrationally harangued by some guy in Ireland (just like the X).

Dave

:: http://www.drstudio.demon.co.uk/ :: http://www.myspace.com/daveboulden ::
"Musicians fall into three categories: those with a physical block, those with a mental block and those with a wooden block". Unfortunately, I'm in the 1st category!
2TIM316

Post by 2TIM316 »

Maybe those extra waves are the "multisampled grand piano" Roland mentions in their Juno-G info from rolandus.com. That would explain the 64 meg of memory and yet a "better" (subjective of course) grand piano than the S/Xa wave bank.
martin2006

Post by martin2006 »

Hi,

Does anyone have any information on when the Juno-G will be available? Some distributors say Mid to End of February, others say April.
2TIM316

Post by 2TIM316 »

Usually the new Roland gear starts trickling into retail channels by April/May following the NAMM show. In the case of the SH-201 I think they are saying June, so hard to tell. This is another case where it would be great if someone from Roland would show up here from time to time. Especially since this site has probably contributed to hundreds of Fantoms being sold since its inception in early 2003. On the Korg and Yamaha sites, the company reps always come on and talk about prices and availability after a NAMM show.
martin2006

Post by martin2006 »

Yes, that would indeed be a nice gesture, having some clear information on release dates.

There are so many delicious new synths and things out now (although others may say the SH and the Juno are just re-hashes etc.). I think they probably are fun and great music tools. That's what they seem to me anyway but I startetd out with a Casiotone which i still even use :o)

I could imagine doing Midi files with the new Juno and playing solos over them with the casio or a moog plugged into the audio tracks. Ha, sounds like fun! :o)

I like the whole funny color scheme the new Rolands have.
Synths should look even badder. I could imagine one in pink, mint green and violet with knobs all in different random colors. The Roland EggNog-01. Hehe

CUBE
Arghblarg

Post by Arghblarg »

pink, mint green and violet with knobs all in different random colors. The Roland EggNog-01

Ewww.... though I like EggNog :-). Pinstripes would be cool.

Error 144 - Reboot y/n?
lhm1138

Post by lhm1138 »

"This is another case where it would be great if someone from Roland would show up here from time to time. "

Don't hold your breath. I think you may see a change, though, if we complain to them enough about their lack of interaction. Some people may think Quinnx is a bummer, but if he didn't actually like the equipment I don't think he'd care enough to be constructing a website for reporting Fantom bugs/suggestions. He would've just sold it and never bought anything from them again. Somebody has to do it, because Roland closed their forums down a long time ago. It's good to have a few critical voices.
2TIM316

Post by 2TIM316 »

Roland's absense probably has little or nothing to do with the amount or degree of critical commentary (spell checker Art?). The Korg and Yamaha forums have tons of critical postings leveled against the respective companies and their reps participate actively (Jerry the K, Dan, Stephen Kay from Korg, and all the Yamaha guys). No, it's just Roland's company policy I guess. I used to think it was just arrogance, but really I think it's more a case of bad business decision making. Demonstrates a company that is somewhat disconnected from many of their users.