Juno-G/Fantom-Xa split and midi control?

Forum for JUNO-G
niacin

Juno-G/Fantom-Xa split and midi control?

Post by niacin »

I've read the Juno-G manual. You can set up 16 sounds across the keyboard, but this is internal sounds. The manual ays nothing about controlling external modules. Wondering if I can split the keyboard and get it to send on two different midi channels, so I can play an internal sound on one half of the keyboard and an external module patch on the other. Can the Fantom Xa do this?
Thanks.
Artemiy
Site Admin

Re: Juno-G/Fantom-Xa split and midi control?

Post by Artemiy »

Yes, it is possible. For those parts that will control the external synth, you will just turn the volume down to 0, and then after you record the parts you can set a sequencer track to INT (internal generator) or MIDI (external synth).
niacin

Post by niacin »

sorry I didn't explain properly, I meant live, not with the sequencer - or will sequencer set-ups (whatever they are called in Rolandspeak) enable me to do this. I just want to split the keyboard and say play an internal sound patch with my left hand and the sound of an external midied module with the right.
Thanks for replying.
Artemiy
Site Admin

Post by Artemiy »

I just meant that, yes, you can do this both as a live multitimbral layer/spllit setup and in sequencer.
niacin

Post by niacin »

thanks very much, and for the quick reply. Much appreciated.