Store transpose function Juno-G

Forum for JUNO-G
Sunny26

Store transpose function Juno-G

Post by Sunny26 »

Hello to everyone,

I am new to this forum and first of all want to introduce myself a little bit.

I am 26 years old coming from germany near cologne.
I just got my new Roland Juno-G and will play it in a coverband in combination with Yamaha Tyros.

Now I am experimenting with my new instrument finding out how it works.

Theres one function im not sure if it really works as i hope.
I read in the manual that the transpose function is global and does not change with performances.

My question: Is there any possibility to save transpose-settins with performane/live-setting or anything else so that I dont have to do it manually?

If not on the Juno G, would it be possible to do it via MIDI from my Yamaha Tyros by changing registrations there?

In future I generally plan to use one board for controlling and setup both for every song.

Thank you very much in advance!

Best regards,

Sunny
Artemiy
Site Admin

Re: Store transpose function Juno-G

Post by Artemiy »

In performance mode, press F5 Part View, then select the F3 Pitch, there you can set octave and transpose shifts for each and every part, and these settings are stored in performances as well as in your songs that you save in Juno's native SVQ format.
M BOT

Post by M BOT »

sunny26! i was wondering what you think about the Juno's ssounds.are they good or average and how many synth sounds are on it, what are the drumkits and dance hi hats like,phat? i haven't heard it yet and need an opinion.
Sunny26

Post by Sunny26 »

@Artemio: I found this option but I can't set transposer there, only octave and other stuff.....

@M Bot: I cant tell you anything about the drum sets.
There are quite a lot of synth sounds.
There are few good sounds but in my opinion not very good organ sounds.
I like most the brass and string sounds.
ijbandman

Juno Sounds

Post by ijbandman »

The sounds are increadible. Being a retired band director and a current musician for a cover band, I tested the Juno before I bought it, for sounds such as solo sax, brass&sax combinations, Sax sections, Harmonicas, steel guitar and guess what, this is the 1st keyboard that sounds like true bagpipes (McFrizzy). There great. The synth sounds go from Hard and soft lead to trance and FX leads and soft and hard synth patches. Strings, go w/o saying. There great and the sythn strings are Juno 60, 106, Junipter Stgz and Ob strings.
I love the keyboard for all these reasons and it weighs only 13lbs. I do have some reservations about programming the D Beam and the pitch/Modulation toggle and adding effects to performances, they seem hard to program, but I just need to read and study. The trance dances, aprpegios and bass lines are great, as well.
Artemiy
Site Admin

Post by Artemiy »

Sunny26:

On the pitch tab, it is named "Coarse Tune", not "Transpose".
Sunny26

Post by Sunny26 »

Hi Artemio,

I'll look for it again in the evening but as I saw it this section seems only to be for pitching the parts and not for transposing half- and full tones.

Also in the manual it says that transposer settings are general and wont be changed by performance mode.

Furthermore Transposer is not mentioned in the manual in other ways.

Is there any way to use it with live-settings?
With performances I have to create one for every transponation.

Thank you very much again!

Regards,

Sunny
V-CeeOh

Post by V-CeeOh »

Sunny26

I think there is something you're not understanding. The transpose is in fact a global parameter. That's the all ideia. So if you transpose, say, to + 1 (+ 1 semi tone) all you play in the keyboard will be transposed +1. This value will be added to all "pitch" values you have set in performance or patch. So, if you have a Performace where part 1 has Coarse Pitch = + 1 this part will in fact play at +2 (1 tone) thus you will have a transpose value of a +1 tone (if you play in C you will sound in D in my example) .
The transpose value (+1 in this case) will be kept when you switch performances or patches. If you don't want the next Performance to be transposed just switch the traspose off (holding TRANSPOSE and pressing + an - simultaneously)

o - ...just could not afford the 8
(
\_/
hear what I've done with the 7
Sunny26

Post by Sunny26 »

finally I had time to look for it and found it :-)

Thanks again for your great help!

Regards,

Sunny
MyndJestyr

Post by MyndJestyr »

V-CeeOh wrote:Sunny26

I think there is something you're not understanding. The transpose is in fact a global parameter. That's the all ideia. So if you transpose, say, to + 1 (+ 1 semi tone) all you play in the keyboard will be transposed +1. This value will be added to all "pitch" values you have set in performance or patch. So, if you have a Performace where part 1 has Coarse Pitch = + 1 this part will in fact play at +2 (1 tone) thus you will have a transpose value of a +1 tone (if you play in C you will sound in D in my example) .
The transpose value (+1 in this case) will be kept when you switch performances or patches. If you don't want the next Performance to be transposed just switch the traspose off (holding TRANSPOSE and pressing + an - simultaneously)

o - ...just could not afford the 8
(
\_/
hear what I've done with the 7

Hi I'm new on the forum and was searching for a solution for the Live Settings transpose. I'm not clear on the solution above but perhaps I will try to rephrase the situation...

When I'm in patch or performance mode, and I use the transpose button to change the key, it applies it to all patches & performances. I use this feature in my band because everyone tunes to E flat. But my other band does not tune down and stays in standard tuning. However, I use a lot of the same patches/performances in both bands. The transpose button helps a lot in my case.

However, when I arranged all my patches/performances in Live Settings, I have to keep manually selecting the transpose button every time I change patches in the Live Setting.
It looks like it does not keep or use the global transpose setting via the button and it defaults back to no transpose in Live Setting (transpose button light turns off).

So my question is, how do apply the same transpose setting in Live Setting so I don't have to manually readjust the transpose key every time I change patches?
Thanks
Leo Castro

Post by Leo Castro »

Page 158 in the owners manual.

Parameter Value Explanation.
Sound Generator:
Master Tune 415.3–466.2 Hz Overall tuning of the JUNO-G
The display shows the frequency of the A4 note (center A).
Master Key Shift:
-24– +24 Shifts the overall pitch of the JUNO-G in semitone steps.

This setting is remembered always, just check before starting the show if that is what your current band needs!