Help! MIDI Echo with Sonar LE and Juno-G

Forum for JUNO-G
GerryMGR

Help! MIDI Echo with Sonar LE and Juno-G

Post by GerryMGR »

Hello, oh wise people of the Roland Clan forum.

I have just got a Juno-G and am trying to set it up to work with the supplied Cakewalk Sonar LE software and am having an issue with Midi echo. Everytime i play a note it is repeated back to the keyboard. Also when I change the selected instrument this is relayed back to the keyboard resulting in the midi track that is selected in Solar bouncing the signal back to the Juno-G which then changes the selected sound on that channel as well.

The Sonar help suggests the following...

"Your controller usually has a setting on it called Local On/Off. When your controller is connected to your interface, you need to set the Local On/Off setting to Local Off. That's because if your software is set to send MIDI messages back to your controller, when you play a note on your controller, it is sent to the computer, and then back to the controller again through its MIDI IN, causing it to play two notes every time you play one note on it. When your controller is set to Local Off, it won't play a note on the controller when you press a key, but only when the Note On message comes back from the computer, which happens instantaneously. Remember to set it back to Local On if you're going to use the controller separate from the computer. "

Does anybody know where this setting is on the keyboard or just how to solve this problem as it's really starting to grate my goat now.

If you do and can help me, thank you in advance and may you be blest with a million camells for Christmas

Gerry
V-CeeOh

Re: Help! MIDI Echo with Sonar LE and Juno-G

Post by V-CeeOh »

Hi Gerry
Welcome do the Clan

- From the PATCH PLAY, PERFORM screen, press EDIT [MENU].
- Use the VALUE dial or [INC] [DEC] [ ] [ ] to select “2.System,” and press [ENTER].
- Press [F1] "General"
Set Local to OFF

Remember that doing this you have to always turn you PC "on" whenever you want to play the Juno or obviously turn the Local Switch On again.

Now, about those million camells for Christmas... :-)

o - ...just could not afford the 8
(
\_/
hear what I've done with the 7
GerryMGR

Post by GerryMGR »

hi fixthemix

I think either i'm blind or stupid, or both, but I cannot see this option in any of the tabs that come under the General Option (Common, Auto LD, Sound, USB)

Gerry
V-CeeOh

Post by V-CeeOh »

Hi again

Sorry, I misslead you.
I'm seeing this on the manual - I don't have a Juno. You can find it in page 158.

Actually in the System Menu you have to press [F3] MIDI
Sorry 'bout that.

(
\_/
GerryMGR

Post by GerryMGR »

That's done the trick.

Thanks for the help, and even referring to the manual! Your work here is done, you can finish for the day now!

Gerry
V-CeeOh

Post by V-CeeOh »

Glad I could help.

Now I've got to go and feed the camels :-/

(
\_/