RPS in Juno-G does exist

Forum for JUNO-G
cuborg

RPS in Juno-G does exist

Post by cuborg »

FYI,
just to be clear about it, RPS (ability to play back patterns with the press of one key or pad) does exist in juno-g but there is no separate button for that and of course there is no pad in juno.(not big deal) It's verified and its working.
Artemiy
Site Admin

Re: RPS in Juno-G does exist

Post by Artemiy »

This sounds interesting, strange how I missed that in the manual. Gotta have a read again.
Artemiy
Site Admin

Post by Artemiy »

Wait, where did you find it? Can you please tell us the page number in the manual which describes it? In which sequencer screen did you find this functionality?
BoT

Post by BoT »

It's not in the manual, I've carefully searched the PDF file.

All it says is that you can create rhythm patters and put them in groups. You can trigger these through the rhythm pattern menu. I can't see any way to trigger them from keys. They're also just rhthm patterns, not RPS because you can't use non-rhythm patches.

**JUNO-G**
http://www.scotbot.org
http://www.rhythm-machine.co.uk
cuborg

Post by cuborg »

Artemio,
you didn't miss it, because manual doesn't say nothing about it.
I found it here: http://www.rolandus.com/mojo/knowledge_ ... ame=JUNO-G

just dont type any keywords and press "find", you'll get 3 documents, one is "Assigning Samples to a Rhythm Set"
which is basically RPS although not called like that because juno doesn't have dedicated button for it.

I tested, it does what it's supposed to do: Assigning sample (e.g part of the song) to a given key.

BTW juno-g manual is very vague I would say..maybe intentionally? To me looks like fantom and juno-g has really the same guts, but interface is stripped down in juno.
I use mostly Fantom manual to work with juno.
jblock

Post by jblock »

A nice workaround, but this isn't really RPS as you can't manipulate the original patterns, which are sequencer-based, without having to resample them. You also don't get the RPS functionality of choosing to have the pattern only play once, as long as you hold the key down, or running until you press the key again.

www.synthblock.com
BoT

Post by BoT »

That's interesting, I didn't know the JunoG was missing the auto assign of samples to rhythm sets.

**JUNO-G**
http://www.scotbot.org
http://www.rhythm-machine.co.uk
cuborg

Post by cuborg »

jblock, if you dig deep enough, probably you can do it too.

I wander how many more hidden feature in little juno exists :)
Artemiy
Site Admin

Post by Artemiy »

cuborg, make sure you don't mix samples with MIDI sequences - these are different things. With Juno-G you can indeed assign samples to the keyboard and make up to 128 of them into a rhythm kit. And if these are loops and phrases this makes it really cool indeed. But with the Fantoms, you can create up to 100 sequences of MIDI data and manipulate them. As these sequences are triggering patches and samples, there are much more realtime possibilities than with static samples.
rbml77

Post by rbml77 »

I just wonder if Roland really can motivate why the Fantom series should be so much more expensive than the Juno-g if they are the same kind of machines. Fantom has some more features and options, but does that really justify the "high" price of the Fantom? Just wondering...

Rutger
cuborg

Post by cuborg »

Artemio, I don't mix them. I was looking for assigning audio samples to a keyboard key, and I found it.

I bet It's possible the same with midi patterns, give me day or two... ;)
because I do belive these two machine has same guts, so its the matter of getting it out.
jblock

Post by jblock »

These features are software based. If Roland didn't just delete them from the operating system maybe they are hidden in there, and someone can figure out a way to hack into them.

synthblock.com
sambasevam

Post by sambasevam »

another reason to get a used fantom s.

---------------------------------------------------------------
If at first you dont succeed, then skydiving is definitively not for you.
cuborg

Post by cuborg »

"another reason to get a used fantom s."

very funny, your logic is amazing...
Diametro

Post by Diametro »

actually, his logic is fine ...

If pattern sequencing is a priority, why mess around with half-baked workarounds when the real deal can be had for less?

Although, I do applaud your efforts at trying to find some RPS solutions for the G.

Good luck!

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Roland Fantom X7, Alesis Fusion 6HD, Novation X/A-Station 25, Alesis Micron