a little clarity on the juno g n fantom xa

Forum for JUNO-G
ambar

a little clarity on the juno g n fantom xa

Post by ambar »

first of all the price here in india is almost the same(dunno y though)...so what do thnk which one is a better buy..i dont want a very sophisticated sampler but what i am looking for is
1. ease of use
2.a good sequencer with pattern based sequencing
3.gr8 sounds(will install the SRX 06 so keep that in mind).
a please do mention which r the sounds worth looking at inthese keyboards
thanks a lot
Artemiy
Site Admin

Re: a little clarity on the juno g n fantom xa

Post by Artemiy »

1. Both are equally easy to use and have a similar OS interface. Juno-G may be 16 horizontal pixels better though, it has a 240x80 screen and Xa has 240x64.

2. Both have a great sequencer, with macro and piano roll edit modes. Juno-G however has no patterns in the sequencer, and only linear sequencing with . Arpeggiator and rhythm machine is there on both.

3. Can't tell.

4. Check out pads, pulsating and beat&groove sounds, these usually use the most potential of the synths.
M BOT

Post by M BOT »

since you don't need a sophisticated sampler,then juno is the obvious choice.
it has four audio recording tracks on top of the 16 midi tracks(the power to put in some vocals should not be underestimated)it has a bigger screen so that roland could make it even easier to use and there are newer sounds with some excellent pads and dance type sounds.
of course there are some shit useless sounds(makes you wonder why they bothered putting them in) in both of them but you can sort of make up for it with your SRX of choice(hopefully the SRX doesn't hyave junk in it as well)
if you want thumping big bass sounds then don't buy roland but get a yamaha,they have simply huge pumping basses with tonnes of bottom end.
Diametro

Post by Diametro »

Ambar wrote he wanted "pattern-based sequencing" ...

How does that equate to the Juno-G, M BOT, which does not have pattern based sequencing?

And where did he write anything about not needing a "sophisticated sampler?"

Perhaps you should read posts before blindly recommending your pet synth.

Ambar, have you looked into getting a used Fantom X? If you can find one, it probably won't be that more expensive than a new Xa or Juno-G and then you don't have to worry about it not having the features you need.

Even a used Fantom-S will have the pattern based sequencing, and if you can find one of those, it should be less expensive than an Xa/G.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Roland Fantom X7, Alesis Fusion 6HD, Novation X/A-Station 25, Alesis Micron
M BOT

Post by M BOT »

get off your high horse hair brain!!
it seems that your the one that hasn't read the post properly.
if you look again you will see that he does indeed state that he is not looking for a sophisticated sampler.

pattern sequencing or not,the intention of the post is with regard to comparison between the juno G and the XA!
he asked which one we think is better you knuckle head!
and have you thought that he may not be interested in second hand junk in the form of a fantom S with only 64 notes of polyphony no audio recording and a dated sound set!
pattern based sequencing is not the only thing he enquired about so put your dummy back in your mouth before you come in here having a shot at me for no good reason clown ball.
and the juno G is not my pet synth.
my yamaha RS7000 is my pet synth.
i have a juno cause i'm stuck with this piece of crap with weak bass sounds,an over compressed soft tone to the roland sound in general and pathetic drumkits that have not changed in eight years for which i was unable to get a refund on.

have you heard of a saying called "get it right"
Diametro

Post by Diametro »

I will apologize ... I didn't see the second line containing "I do not want a very sophisticated sampler."

Again, my apologies. Pretty "hair brained" indeed, considering.

Had I known/realized you made only one mistake in your post, I probably wouldn't have gone on about it so hard.

So I guess we're even.

But you are a bitter little thing, aren't you, though?

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Roland Fantom X7, Alesis Fusion 6HD, Novation X/A-Station 25, Alesis Micron
M BOT

Post by M BOT »

well i thought you were having a go at me for no good reason so i got a bit defensive,i may have over reacted a little,so don't take it to harshly. peace!