vibrato on Juno-G

Forum for JUNO-G
Tweak1

vibrato on Juno-G

Post by Tweak1 »

I'm just trying out the Juno-G, and a lot of the sounds have vibrato that seems uncomfortably slow to me (unlike the Fantom). Is there something I can adjust to change that? Could something be wrong with this particular Juno, or do they all sound like that? Most of the sounds are also brighter than I like. Can that be changed?
Diametro

Re: vibrato on Juno-G

Post by Diametro »

Have you checked out the global EQ? (if there is one.)

No idea on the vibrato ... that seems unusual that they would be different ...

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Roland Fantom X7, Alesis Fusion 6HD, Novation X/A-Station 25, Alesis Micron
cuborg

Post by cuborg »

Tweak1, I play now a lot on juno-g, I don't see a single problem with it. What vibrato/patch you 're talking about in particular?
You can always do factory reset to be sure you didn't change something accidently.
jblock

Post by jblock »

You might be trying out a unit that has the tempo set really slow, as that would make patches that have the LFO set to the tempo sound really slow. It's also possible that someone was pushing the mod/pitch wheel while starting up the unit; that can also make everything sound weird.

Regarding the bright sound, the unit you were using might have the mastering effect set with the high frequencies boosted.

www.synthblock.com
BoT

Post by BoT »

The Vibrato is LFOs 1 and 2 modulating the pitch (and they can modulate other paramaters). The amount and speed is stored in the patch, so is the extent to which the mod lever affects the parameters.

The only global setting that could affect this is the tempo as mentioned, some patches have the LFO's synced to tempo, otherwise you will need to change it in the patch which is easy to do.

**JUNO-G**
http://www.scotbot.org
http://www.rhythm-machine.co.uk
Tweak1

Post by Tweak1 »

Many thanks for all the very helpful replies. I did a factory reset and now it sounds 100% better. :)