Juno G and sampled drumkits

Forum for JUNO-G
Mans

Juno G and sampled drumkits

Post by Mans »

Hi,

As I understand it, on the Juno G you can not create a multisample. However I'm not sure exactly what a multisample is..

Does it mean that on the Juno G you can not arrange several sampled drumhits along the keyboard to create a drumkit?
Artemiy
Site Admin

Re: Juno G and sampled drumkits

Post by Artemiy »

Yes, yes you can create rhythm kits, these are not the same as multi-samples. Multis exist on a level between samples and patches, but to build drum kits you do not need this functionality. In fact Juno-G will let you create kits automatically for auto-chopped samples.
BoT

Post by BoT »

A Multisample is where you have for example a seperate sample for each octave of a piano. You take a sample, spread it across the keyboard but because the tone changes so much you use a number of samples, each one covering part of the keyboard.

**JUNO-G**
http://www.scotbot.org
http://www.rhythm-machine.co.uk
Mans

Post by Mans »

Thank you. But I still don't quite understand.. If you can spread several drumhits across the keyboard, why not several piano 'hits'?
Doktor Bro

Post by Doktor Bro »

if you have EVERY note of the piano as a sample - so just do it!

---------------------------------------------------
Event TR6, Mackie 1402-VLZ, Roland Juno G, SE Electronics 2200A, Waves Y96k, Yamaha AW2400, Yamaha PSR-220, Zoom SB-246
Mans

Post by Mans »

Got it ;)
shakil

Post by shakil »

Also note that there are a lot of synth parameters that aren't available on a drumkit. For example the LFOs are available only on a Patch, not a Drumkit.

--------------------
Remember that there are only 3 MFX + 1 Reverb + 1 Chorus in Fantom-S/X and you have to share them across 16 parts (patches) in a song.

live a musical life
huggles

Post by huggles »

Hey Artemiy,

Dont know if you still visit here, and this is an old post, but dude, I would love to know more about
Artemiy wrote:In fact Juno-G will let you create kits automatically for auto-chopped samples.
Skijumptoes

Post by Skijumptoes »

You can sample in a breakbeat for example and the Juno will auto split it into Chopped samples, assigning each sample in order across the keyboard.

It's great for remixing an existing breakbeat.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bbWAGASXqXc

Watch from 3:40 on that vid.
huggles

Post by huggles »

Thanks skijumptoes

When you go into the Juno G editor, you can click the "sample" button in the top right hand corner. This opens the sampler editor.

On the sampler editor you can click the "chop" button, which launches a fascinating dialog, that appears to allow you to chop the sample into 16 pieces. Do you know how to operate this tool?
dennis elbow

Post by dennis elbow »

huggles wrote:Hey Artemiy,

Dont know if you still visit here, and this is an old post, but dude, I would love to know more about
Artemiy wrote:In fact Juno-G will let you create kits automatically for auto-chopped samples.

record a sample break into the juno g or import one in from cf card,then you can auto chop that sample into as many parts as you like,but no more than sixteen slices.
when you press execute (exec) it will then chop the sample and will also ask whether or not you would like to make a rhythm group.if you would press yes.
from cf card you can load individual drum hits into the juno g then assign them to the keyboard where you want them.for how to do this go to my reply to, Version 2: How do you record sample triggers in a song?

have fun.