Juno-G OS 1.06 released

Forum for JUNO-G
Artemiy
Site Admin

Juno-G OS 1.06 released

Post by Artemiy »

Roland just released OS 1.06 for Juno-G. No update notes yet, and I do not have a sustain pedal to check that issue on the Juno-G I have here. So please install it and report whether it's the main fix.

Download from below:
http://www.rolandus.com/uploads/CMS/Dow ... oGv106.zip

Artemiy.
Doktor Bro

Re: Juno-G OS 1.06 released

Post by Doktor Bro »

"No update notes yet"
:-(

---------------------------------------------------
Event TR6, Mackie 1402-VLZ, Roland Juno G (SRX-98), SE Electronics 2200A, Waves Y96k, Yamaha AW2400, Yamaha PSR-220, Zoom SB-246
tompabes

Post by tompabes »

The update notes are inside the zip file, and the update addresses the sustain pedal issue.

I just installed it and from my first test I can say that... the bug is FIXED!!!! :)))))

To update, just follow the procedure explained in the zip file.

A trivial advice: before beginning, do a user backup (Menu/Utilities/User backup), then connect the usb cable, press USB and then PC CARD, and copy the folder named "BACKUP" from the card to your PC.
Then, follow the procedure and update. The final step of the procedure is a factory reset, so you will lose all your data.
After the factory reset, format the card again, then copy the BACKUP folder back to the card and do a User Restore to restore all the data you had before beginning the update.

All right, I'm really happy... now I can finally say that the Juno is a great synth!!!
DanS

Post by DanS »

Now we just have to wait for the Juno-G OS 1.06 release bug thread to start ;)

What we record in life, echoes in eternity.
Morgai

Post by Morgai »

Cool, all done and lookin good. Thx folks, does anyone know of any other fixes this includes?
diesel815

Post by diesel815 »

Well I installed the update and everything was fine until today. Unlike the majority of the other people on this forum I wasnt getting the sustain issue but about 2 out of 5 times on startup the first patch would be out of tune. ie: the keyboard transposed up or down a semitone although the settings had not been changed. This is the 3rd juno i've had with this exact problem so i'm gettina pretty cheesed off with it.
tompabes

Post by tompabes »

The update addresses only the sustain pedal problem, so it is normal that your transposition problem is not solved.

Is it a bug? Since it happened to you on three Junos, it could be.

But since it happens 2 times out of 5, it is very strange that nobody else noticed it.

Anyway, I think if you want to discuss that bug starting a separate thread would be better...
soulidstate

Post by soulidstate »

Hi diesel815. Your situation is kinda weird.Do you mean to say your JunoG goes out of tune then goes back to normal after some time? Is that your 3rd G unit that has the same problem?

I am considering to buy this keys that is why I wish to know more about it's possible issues. I had used 2 JV80s years ago that has the same problem like yours.The problem was the pitch bend pot.

regards,
soulidstate
diesel815

Post by diesel815 »

hey soulidstate
Yeah I'd still go for the G, its a great keyboard, its just unlucky i've been having these problems with it.
The problem ive been having is on startup, the very first patch will be tranposed up or down a semitone on the keyboard. eg. you play a C and it sounds like a C# or a B.
I dont think many ppl consider this a big deal, but it was a lot of money and its annoying.
Synthtron

Post by Synthtron »

Just discovered my Juno-G doing this. Repeated restarts and same thing. What I did to stop it was to set the auto sample load and load demo sequence at startup to off. Now it boots up fine with no transposed or out of tune sound.