Juno-G Micro Manual

Forum for JUNO-G
Artemiy
Site Admin

Juno-G Micro Manual

Post by Artemiy »

Hello all!

While using the Juno-G, I have decided to come up with a little collection of tutorials for it, similar to what the Fantom-S and Fantom-X FAQ includes, but a little more easy to understand and having some illustrations. What I am glad to publish today is the "Juno-G Micro Manual" with 10 tutorials for a start ;-) Things like expanding memory, resampling a song and exchanging data with a computer are explained here.

Juno-G Micro Manual Eng.pdf

Artemiy.
Adje

Great !

Post by Adje »

Hi Artemiy,

Great MicroManual, thanks a lot !

Keep up the good work.

Best regards,
Adje
dertrommler

Modulator

Post by dertrommler »

Hi! I just got my long-awaited Juno-G, and I love it! I'm pretty bad with manuals, so I was wondering if you could let me know how to assign different effects to the modulator and the D-Beam. Thanks!
Artemiy
Site Admin

Re: Juno-G Micro Manual

Post by Artemiy »

dertrommler:

You can use the patch editor to access the CTRL pages of each patch and assign the modulation lever and D-beam to anything you want from there.
davem80

Post by davem80 »

thanks....I just purchased my juno this weekend and the manual is a little confusing. But this micro manual is helpful, can you do a couple tutorials on recording songs?
Artemiy
Site Admin

Post by Artemiy »

davem80, I no longer have the Juno-G, so I doubt I'll be able to do it. However, you just need to switch to performance mode (press MIXER), then you switch to SONG and you can select sounds for each track and record from there - it is very, very simple.
sunflowermoon

Juno-G micro manual question, concerning RE-SAMPLE

Post by sunflowermoon »

Hello Artemiy,

I see that you are The Man! Thank you for the extra Juno-G manual, it is very helpful. I submitted a question in the Studio section which I hope you or someone else can help with; I am also having difficulty understanding the difference between RE-SAMPLING songs containing midi and audio MIXDOWN of the same into WAV files. I think I understand that you can't apply effects if you record audio with SOLO, so you must RE-SAMPLE the entire song after recording audio over MIDI tracks. Then can you add effects to all tracks(?), MIXDOWN (combine midi/audio into a single audio wav. file) and normalize, then send it thru USB to PC to burn a CD? Why is the wav.file a SMPL rather than a SONG at that point? So many questions when you appear to have so little time, I'm sorry.

Thank you so very much for any help you can give,

sunflowermoon
morgueasm

Thanks for the manual

Post by morgueasm »

The TOME that comes with this board is gigantic, written in greek, and repeats the same things over and over without being very helpful.
KRE8A

HI Artemiy

Post by KRE8A »

Iv'e just been browsing through the micro manual thoroughly and found that the most helpful section of the manual, is the USB connection setting, which i require most. This passage has taken me a step forward in lining with cubase, as iv'e been having difficultly to understand the criteria settings of sequenced track transfer and using as a midi controller for cubase. I'm impressed, very well illustrated.
Artemiy
Site Admin

Post by Artemiy »

Thanks, I am very glad you found it helpful!
patrik_

Post by patrik_ »

we give to you a thousand thanks Artemiy for making gigs like this and the whole care of roland users with this forum and the site at all. these powerful but difficult devices need it.

cmon, give it up to Artemiy !!!
juno g

song transfer

Post by juno g »

Thanks

Artemiy

Micro manual is really helpful for me.
I request you to explain little bit step by step how would I transfer songs in to Compact flush card.

Thanks
strorun

HELP

Post by strorun »

hi artemiy...what i need to know is that i have a roland Fantom S and i'm using a PNY reader with a USB adapter that goes into the computer and also i use smart media cards for my roland. My question is can i still use smart media cards for roland and where can i get a PNY reader/writer or is there a new reader/writer for the smart media.
I used cakewalk for my midi's and then transfer them onto the keyboard.
Thank you for your time.
Sherry
Artemiy
Site Admin

Post by Artemiy »

strorun, you are asking this in a Juno-G topic - please start a new topic.
wooperman

Post by wooperman »

Hi Arty,
I hope this is easily answerable...I have a Juno G, but I learned all my current knowledge on a Roland XP-10.
I really liked the way that was set up. Since it was 16 instrument multi timbral. There was a buttons for scrolling from one instrument to another (with #10 being drums). And then button for changing the sound in each channel/intrument.
I liked this because each intrument corresponded to the midi channel, and you always knew where you were. You could still layer, split and stack like you can with the juno G.
With the Juno, it's almost the other way around. You go from sound to sound and inside that sound are the 16 layers of multi-timbrality.
My thing is that I don't like the layerd sounds or splits. I like basic rock set up. Pianos, basses, keys, all on their own midi channel.
I guess I could figure out how to set up several sounds that I like, but if there was a certain mode I could put the juno G in maybe it already exists.

Thanks. Keep up the good work!!