Serial No's and LCD issues.

Forum for JUNO-G
Blues4dog

Serial No's and LCD issues.

Post by Blues4dog »

List your details here even if there are no LCD problems as yet.

***(yours could be next)***

If we can show how many instruments are affected then maybe Roland will agree to do something about about it or at the very least admit that the problem exists.

Serial No. ZX08032
No LCD problems yet.
Made in China. No Japan sticker.
Owned 11 months.
dbijoux

Re: Serial No's and LCD issues.

Post by dbijoux »

Serial #: AX.......
Problems: All is well
Mfg: Made in China
Time owned: 8 Months - approximately 1000hrs
nb

Post by nb »

Serial #: ZV.......
Problems: doesn't have LCD issue yet, does have startup transpose issue.
Mfg: Made in China, stickered over w "Japan"
Time owned: 2 years, light duty
nasser

Post by nasser »

Serial #: AZ.......
Problems: None till now.
Mfg: 'Made in Japan' sticker. Don't know whats under it.
Time owned: 1 year +, moderate use.
derickeys

Post by derickeys »

Serial #: ZU81341

Owned: 1yr and 9mos

Problem: LCD problem starts about less than a year ago starting from moderate lcd visual problem to a 0 visual lcd problem bout a month ago till now (only backlights apear). A one time issue with transpose.

Made in China.

Hope roland will hear us.
Maximus

Post by Maximus »

Hello everybody, Im new here this is my first post and the juno-G is my first Roland, i've owned korg, alesis & Kurzweil, mine is a ZU8... and it lasted for 4 weeks and 2 gigs, before the screen became useless.

right now the synth is at the dealer and it will be about 2 months before i see it back.

so yes this is a Big problem for Roland, and i hope they clean with the quality issue of the screens. and admit that there is a problem.
jegoy

Post by jegoy »

bought mine in Japan on June 2006

after 1 year and 3 months had to service it (in Japan)coz of bender problems and sound cut off occassionally.

later realized it was made in China...it was clearly written in front...i was too naive to think that because i bought it in Japan, since it was a Roland, i judged it was made also in Japan....my bad!!!

3 years after purchase, Lcd problems, bender problem (again!).... currently in service center here in the Philippines.

serial ZU50457
John Cagle Sr.

Post by John Cagle Sr. »

Serial # AX
Made in China no Japan overlay sticker
Owned mine for 7 months
No LCD issues to date
Average weekly usage 25 hours or more
BillArnette

Post by BillArnette »

Serial #: ZW11xxxx
Purchased: 12/2007 (owned 20 months)
Made in China (silk screened on case)
Issues:
Sustain pedal stopped working one night. I had to reverse the polarity of the pedal and change the setting on the G to get it to work again.

Usage: I leave my Juno-G on ALL the time. Pretty much the only time I turn it off is when I go on vacation. I actually play it 15-20 hours/week.

Update 12/2/09: Went in to play it the other night and it played fine. Went to change patches and nothing on the screen changed but the patches changed. The screen was locked up. Rebooted and everything was fine.
nuggs

Post by nuggs »

Serial # ZVxxxxx - made in Japan sticker.

Owned 1 day - bought used on Ebay approx 1 year old.

The display works, but it appears some of the little squares (pixels?) on the display are lighter than others. Is this normal, or do these displays gradually go? I really hope it holds out.

Sounds great though, can't wait to get recording.
Serge_Viktorsson

Post by Serge_Viktorsson »

Serial No. ZV29xxx
No LCD poblems (some pixels on the LCD are lighter than others).
Made in Japan stiker. (All ZV-series have "Made in Japan" stiker?).
Owned 27 month.
lawndart

Post by lawndart »

Serial No. AXxxxxx
Multiple consecutive rows of dead pixels on LCD. Problem was present brand new out of the box on day 1. Also has the problem of intermittently being out of tune on startup (even though I haven't touched the pitch bender). Pitch resets to the correct tuning after twiddling the pitch bend lever.
Made in China.
Owned 1 week.
outsider

Post by outsider »

Well, that's terrible. I don't think I'll buy one after all...
pd: sorry I made amistake posting this here.
Lukas

Post by Lukas »

Hi, I am new in the forum.
I bought a JunoG through the Internet that had been exhibited in a Roland distributor shop. It had the LCD problem, so I sent it back to the shop. It had a ZU serial numer. Probably they had had it in the shop for a long time. This one had the Made in Japan sticker in the box (very suspicious actually).

Afterwards I bought a new one, and it has an AX serial number. It works perfect so far (I bought it only 2,5 weeks ago). It would be a real shame if it breaks, because I love the machine. This one has a Made in China in the box (not any sticker).

It is really painful that you have to be scared expecting that this LCD potential problem could happen to you. Roland should make an official communication about it (at least it helps knowing they would repair it free). Unfortunately this kind of problems happens sometimes. I have a Canon camera and a problem arised in a couple of years. It seems a component made by Sony was defective in a lot of cameras from different manufacturers. Canon replaced it for free.
lawndart

Post by lawndart »

@ Lukas - so far, at least in this forum, it looks like I'm the only one who had a problem with a Juno that had an AX serial number and mine was messed up from day one so I just took it back to the store and exchanged it. Hopefully yours will remain good for many years.

My replacement:
Serial No. ZXxxxxx
No problems so far.
Made in China
Owned a little over 1 week now.