Serial No's and LCD issues.

Forum for JUNO-G
mmm

Re: Serial No's and LCD issues.

Post by mmm »

Serial# ZU
Made in China.

Hi there! I have a kinda weird situation here.
Thing is that the display broke, meaning that there were wierd lines in the display and some of the letters were distorted, same as everybody else.

The synth has been in storage for a few years, and I seem to remember that the display was faulty even then.

BUT, I recently brought it with me on a flight and I only had a Nord bag to ship it in. Now the display is perfect and have been stable for 6 hours (the problems usually started 5 minutes after I turned it on). Weird. Is it possible that its been thrown around in the plane and somehow the display works again?

mmm
scienceyblues

Post by scienceyblues »

Hello, I want to share "the solution" for LCD problems, it was right for me and I hope that will be usefull to others, I don't know if it will be a permanent solution but you can try and, comment what happened:

At the same time that you turn on the Juno-G you need to move to left and right the Value Dial in a constantly/fast way; with it the problem dissapeared and return to normal function in my case.

I think that the problem is not the LCD because if it "broken "a while and return to normallity maybe the problem is other component that don't permit that the LCD receive the information in a correct manner; obviously my point of view derived from my experience and is posible that is incorrect.

Try this and give your answer.

Good Luck
scienceyblues

Post by scienceyblues »

Hola a todos, si tienen problema con la pantalla intenta hacer lo que me solucionó el problema; mi pantalla empezó a fallar y al encender mostraba varios tipos de espacios en blanco o en espejo, quiero saber si esto funciona en otros teclados: al momento de encender el juno G yo moví la rueda DIAL de cambio de patches (que está a la derecha de la pantalla LCD) continuamente (al mismo tiempo de encenderlo) y el daño desparecío; obviamente pienso que la falla no está en la LCD sino en otra parte.
scienceyblues

Post by scienceyblues »

I'm sorry, after that I wrote, this my LCD screen fail again, and I try to apply the "solution" and don't function, I will open tonight my Juno and try to repair in any way, if I have a solution I will post it.
Dubclub

Post by Dubclub »

Serial: #ZV17...
Made in Japan.

- 1st LCD slowly got fully blank AFTER 2-3 years.
- 2st LCD screen is now starting to fall apart AFTER 2 months! (Paid around 140€ with postal costs (192 dollars) in Finland at Roland repair)

I'm so tired of reading comments about this failure! They told me that these new screens will last longer. I have played Juno-G just couple of times after repair and now the screen is broken again!!

Personally I Think:
- THIS FAILURE IS IN EVERY JUNO-G! (AT LEAST AFTER 3 YEARS OF USING SCREEN IS BROKEN)
- IT DOESN'T MATTER WHAT YOUR SERIAL IS
- CHANGING SCREENS WON'T HELP
- IF ROLAND WON'T DO ANYTHING, THIS IS ABSOLUTELY MY ONLY ROLAND PRODUCT I EVER WASTED MONEY TO

Thanks for the topic! :)
No thanks to Roland.
michal651

Post by michal651 »

My number is ZV90817 and Made in China.

I think that problem is not in the "broken lcd". If you open this keyboard and dissasembly the board with the lcd, you see the two small tapes. And this is the main problem. I don't know why Roland use so weak material.. never mind. If you touch one of this tapes and some moves, you see effect on the screen. I just had, and it worked correctly. If you have some questions write pm.. (sorry for my engilsh)