Serial No's and LCD issues.

Forum for JUNO-G
dbijoux

Re: Serial No's and LCD issues.

Post by dbijoux »

This thread is supposed to be a place for people to list and reference their Serial Numbers. If you have a problem with your LCD and haven't posted the details here yet, please help everyone by doing so.

If you just want to comment on Juno Screens, another thread or making a new post would be better and might get more response.
KALPESH

Post by KALPESH »

I had problem with LCD ZVxxx srial nomber with Made in Japan Sticker. No futher ditail on screen.
skywalker

Post by skywalker »

3 quarters of the LCD was a mess for an hour or so. Now it's working again. serial ZU...Japan sticker. Can we make a combined complain to Roland Japan? This situation cannot be tolerated anymore..
remixcero

Post by remixcero »

ZW12445
made in china...
junog_

Post by junog_ »

my screen is also showing signs of a failure,only two months out of 1 year warranty.ax .....series.Few days ago a horizontal line in the middle of the screen has start to show and that part of the screen(only where the line is) has weaker contrast
and shows letters kind of blury.Did anyone fixed lcd problem without replacing screen?Here in Serbia Roland is charging replacing about 150euros.I think to much.Any help?
livgren1

Post by livgren1 »

AV*****
Japan sticker attached. Famous LCD problem. Purchased in Poland- I contacted Roland service and they told me to bring my Juno G to their office then it will be repaired for ~150euro. Guys are rude and told me to f*k off otherwise. I'll never buy any Roland product.
satavahana

Post by satavahana »

Well there is a indeed a problem with some of the LCDs, but we got to give credit to Roland for replacing it free of charge. This shows how much they care about their customers and did win me over..my next instrument will certainly be Roland.
albertodream

Post by albertodream »

For me there was no "free of charge display". I had to pay for it.
In my country (Spain), if the juno is out of warranty, the repair it's not free.
This shows how inconsistent that is the Roland policy in different countries. I don't think they care about their customers, at least in my country.

I'm sure my next instrument will not be Roland.
I AM

Post by I AM »

satavahana, are you kiddin'??

look earlier in this thread... outside US replacement is not free mostly.... and situation with updates to roland synths... looks like they don't care about customers
jpq

Post by jpq »

Last post (i dont know if applies here where i live) makes me really angry even i dont have display problems at least yet. and also says i hope i can get better product(s) soon... saddly looks like there is almost fully sure fact my next synth is not Roland. becouse current replacement stuff Juno-GI dont look suitable for me.
hubartus

Post by hubartus »

Serial ZV... Made in Japan
Display lasted for about 20 hours of use
$300+ to replace
voliamolee

Post by voliamolee »

ZV18108 - Made in Japan sticker. Purchased in Korea. -

same kind LCD failure as others in this forum.

The problem occured about 2.5yrs after purchasement.

Not used since(0.5yr).

Going to visit A/S center tomorrow.

Heard that someone got the screen fixed for free of charge even after his/her warranty exprired.
Hope it is the same case in Korea as well.
RobJuno

Post by RobJuno »

I never actually told people here this...

I'm in the UK and have had my display replaced three times now... both in and out of warrantee... and I haven't paid once. So I really can't complain about the service Roland have provided.

So I am on the fourth LCD in the macihne, and really only one display showed signs of failing.

The first I got replaced because I thought the contrast and streaking was totally unacceptable. No display has improved this scenario, so I simply do not believe there are any perfect displays in existance. If you think yours is, I suggest you are playing and viewing pretty much perpendicular to the screen, not from a seated piano playing position, viewing the screen from any kind of angle. The quality would not be acceptable on a consumer LCD clock even.

The 2nd display broke up bizarrely into reflected/reversed (if I remember correctly) quadrants, so had a serious problem.

The 3rd had black flecks in the the plastic cover of the LCD, which I was simply not prepared to accept - a worse screen than the first, after two replacements - and so a third replacement occured.

Along the way I also had all knobs replaced twice. The cutoff had no turning resistance. The replacement knobs then all felt more shoddy (loose and with lateral side-to-side play).

The mod lever had also been replaced once or twice. The modulation direction of travel wasn't putting out smooth signals, awful for softsynths via USB MIDI. The replacement seemed to be an improvement, but now seems no better again, which I dread to think might have been a 2nd replacement that was unnecessary, unrequested, and returned the original problem! If you think yours is perfect, try loading patch PR-C:003 Orch & Horns and see if the mod level produces a smooth fade out, mine is all over the place, jumpy.

Anyway, the point was... don't pay for repairs to Roland's faulty screens!!!!!!!!
jimdunlop

Post by jimdunlop »

Faulty screen Serial No. AV....
Made in Japan sticker.
flyingace

Post by flyingace »

Serial # ZW12426
Country of manufacture - China

Only had it since August. Some odd issues first day I got it where the screen went blank. Took it home, no problems for weeks, then the screen started mirroring one day, then was quartered the next time I started up. Since mid Sept. no problems at all.

Also, had some odd tuning issues in patch mode junoG grand being a half step low. switch to performance mode all returned to normal.

It has some quirks but mostly stable. The less I move it the less the screen seems to freak out. Major design flaw on Roland's part for an instrument that is supposed to be moved about by gigging musicians. They should be ashamed they have not extended their replacement to all units, not just original owners!