Out of Tune ~ My F is a D ?

Forum for JUNO-G
Echomaster

Out of Tune ~ My F is a D ?

Post by Echomaster »

Ok - simple enough. . . I'm playing my Juno and am fiddling around with my Groovebox 307 and for some reason. . . The C's arent' the same. Hmm - my ears are bad, but not that bad. Every startup, we are about, what - 4 1/2 steps low. I checked the System and I'm right on at 440 hz, but the only way I can play "in tune" was to go into the menu and transpose down (I think it was -3).

Either I'm missing something, or this thing starts up out of tune ( I can't believe it). I thought I read something in another post about having to pitch bend after startup to reset, but that doesn't get me back to a real middle C. Do I have a unique problem, because I can't think that Roland would have such a blatant flaw in the system. . . Any thoughts??
KRE8A

Re: Out of Tune ~ My F is a D ?

Post by KRE8A »

Hi Echomaster,

If you are in performance mode with patches sequenced from 1 to 16, go to part view pitch, and adjust course tune to zero, also check part view in scale tune, for assigning zero.

Alternatively, IMPORTANT > be very sure all your work that you have transformed and edited with in the unit and sequencer, is backed up into a Sand Disk 1Gb compact flash card, which is inserted into a ULTRA PC CARD ADAPTER, make sure after the following you remove the memory card from the Juno - G, so you can execute factory reset.

If you don't have a pc card and adapter, you can buy both item's at your local electrical goods store.
dbijoux

Post by dbijoux »

That's quite odd. Here is a quick test for the Juno.

1) Patch Mode
2) Hold Shift - Init (F5)

That will give you an Initialized Patch - nothing but a mono saw wave.

Now compared A4 key to 440hz file attached below.
Echomaster

Post by Echomaster »

That fixed it! Don't know how the tuning was off, but is was -

Thanks guys! Big help !!
jpq

Post by jpq »

Uwefull tip this initalizing (if found manual not so usefull but still usefull) when i going make own sounds. if all goes well i buy soon Juno G.
jpq

Post by jpq »

I cannot find thread which tells pitchbend tip what is related this.i searched pitch bend words i and i cannot found it. I dont have problem yet (i dont yet have Juno G) but when problem comes i want know what i can made. Of course service maybe helps best way if problem comes.
cl

Post by cl »

(May have been adequately answered but)...
I've had this problem since day 1 (Ver. 2 of the OS did not fix it either).
I've found (at least on my board) that just changing the patch (actually going through the patch/performance/live setting buttons) puts the crazy thing back into key. Why, I have no idea (personally I think anything that has a screen that comes up and say "loading" is a computer in sheep's clothing.... and we all know how "logical" computers are)
Echomaster

Post by Echomaster »

Well, it keeps slipping off . . . tuning is all set to zero and it's still out of tune. My quick fix is just the system restore. Gee am I glad I don't program lots of patches - this would be a real pain. I guess I'm even more glad I don't have to play in public, only to have it shift 3 half-steps down anytime through a performance. Anyway, - love my buggy Roland stuff.
mkeschinger

Post by mkeschinger »

Bring it to a repair shop.
Had similar issue. Ended up being c panel.
Wasnt the pitchbend lever.
Think it was like $100. But worth it.
flyingace

Post by flyingace »

Mine just did this last night. I was in patch mode, juno-g piano. when I played a C, my tuner said C#. I looked through all the menus I could find that pertained to tuning, it was set to A440! I turned it off, and back on, back to normal.
i008580

Post by i008580 »

Happened to me too. Reboot fixed it. Makes me NERVOUS!
MySweetf

Re: Out of Tune ~ My I guess I'm even more glad I don't is a

Post by MySweetf »

I guess I'm even more glad I don't have to play in public, only to have it shift 3 half-steps down anytime through a performance.
maymay

Post by maymay »

People make some reference to the pitchbend but I'm not sure what problem they're referncing exactly. My keyboard will boot slightly out of tune. I just flick the pitchbend and it fixes it.