Roland Juno G XML File (Cubase 5)

Forum for JUNO-G
ctothep

Roland Juno G XML File (Cubase 5)

Post by ctothep »

Hey Guys,

I'm trying to set up my Juno G into Cubase 5 via the Midi Device Manager.

Problem is that i need a XML File for the Juno G to get it to work but i got no idea where to get it. I've googled for it but couldnt find it. I heard that i can download it on the Roland US Homepage after i do a registration. My Problem is that they want an US Adress and Telephone Number and i don't live in the US so i can't register.

If anyone has the XML File i would be really glad if that person could upload/send it to me or whatever.

Christopher
ctothep

Re: Roland Juno G XML File (Cubase 5)

Post by ctothep »

No one?
I AM

Post by I AM »

here you are... but somehow it was txt file
BillArnette

Post by BillArnette »

Go to www.rolandus.com and register. Login and on the first page you'll see a link to the Patch Script Builder.
ctothep

Post by ctothep »

@I AM: thank you a lot man i appreciate it but you dont happen to know how i can make it into an XML File do you?

@BillArnette: I would be glad if i could register but the thing is that i dont live in the US and they want a US Phone Number and a US Adress which i dont have so i cant register =/

If anybody knows how i can make that TXT File into an XML File please tell me

Christopher
I AM

Post by I AM »

well, this one is from roland site... me to, was surprised to see txt format, but i don't use Cubace, so i don't know.... here is a pdf description from the same site
KRE8A

Post by KRE8A »

ctothep,

I've been doing a bit of looking around on the web to see if I can help you, but I have had no luck. What about if you perhaps duplicate the patch texts. (It has been mentioned by someone else before, from this forum), that you can copy and then paste, which will save your time from typing each of the sounds, out. I'm not sure if that method works with the text files, but it might be helpful to get you on your way. Possibly a slow process, but a little bit of work won't hurt, that is if it works.

I can imagine how frustrated you would be when something like this brings everything to a halt.
Especially when you want to get something done.

You can try this link. I'm not sure if its in the link, what you're after, but you might be lucky. It's`ROLAND AUSTRALIA http://www.rolandcorp.com.au

Good Luck

Hope you get it sorted out, soon.
ctothep

Post by ctothep »

That PDF File helped me a lot the MIDI Device Manager from Cubase recognizes the Juno G Script File now after i followed the Instructions in the PDF File.

But well this just leads to new Problems which i dont really know how to solve.

When i set up a Midi Channel with the Midi Device (the Juno G which i have "installed") and i press a Key on the Juno, Cubase 5 Midi Signals like theres no tomorrow. I've changed the MMC into Slave turned Local switch off and tried different things but none of it worked. It sends Midi Signals like theres no tomorrow even if i dont even press any keys anymore.

I also dont get any Sounds even tough the Juno is hooked up to my Soundcard.

If anybody has any experience with the Juno G and Cubase 5 i slowly get frustrated with this.

Thanks for the help @everybody

Christopher
BillArnette

Post by BillArnette »

D'oh. Yes, you did say that in your original post. Sorry about that.

But looking at the registration page, only phone number is required. I'll bet you could make one up or use a number from another web site. ;)
Reech

Post by Reech »

I am absolutely pulling my hair out.

Everytime I try to make music using hardware, I just spean all day scratching my head at technixcal problems that sghould be simple to fix and I have just about had enough!

I thought Juno G would be different but it's a nightmare!

I have read thtough all the posts above and cannot see any links to any of files mentioned. Grrr!

PLEASE, does anyone actually have an XML Cubase Device Manager fils for the Juno G or not?

If niot, how the hell do I get the files mentioned in the above postings when there are no links or wnything for me to get the files from?????

When I search in Google for topics and it finds one on the forum, I click on the link to go to the postinbg and it takes me to the board index! I am going to f***ing scream!

Someone please help me.
dbijoux

Post by dbijoux »

Innit tho. Well, everything is until it's not and then with crossed fingers and bated breath hopefully you still be in the mood to record.

Did you try the corporate sites? Backstage.rolandus.com has a patch script builder.

I uploaded(see PM reply) the .txt file I have here. If you're on Windows machine, try copying it too:
C:\Documents and Settings\*\Application Data\Steinberg\Cubase*\Scripts\Patchnames\inactive\Roland\

It's been a while tho, so I'm not sure exactly how I set it up and I'm not on Cubase 5 either.

Good luck.
Reech

Post by Reech »

I finally managed to get the Cubase script file from Roland Clan by blagging a USA phone number on the registration. Hooray! Some progress at last!

Now, I need to know how to access the Card Performances via Device Manager. The current script file seems to only indicate Preset and user drums and patches. Where are the Card ones?

Do I have to manually add the Presets in Device Manager and e-save new version?

Page 210 of the Juno manula has all the Bank Select MSB,LSB and Prog Change info so I should be able to add presets by examining the existing .xml and following the format for the Card patches.

Anyone got any ideas or help to this end?

Ideally, I'd love top obtain a copy of a Cubase Device Manager .xml or script file that already has everything mapped out.

There must be literally thousands of Juno G users using Cubase so someone, somewhere must have already compiled the full .xml. Anyone?
Reech

Post by Reech »

My main DAW is FL Studio, which I bought before realising its hardware implementation is crap.

so I'm now using Cubase LE for hardware, which I got free with my Phonic soundcard/mixer.

I'll have to run FL Studio as a plug-in within Cubase so I can use Cubase's better hardware control.
esoteric records

Post by esoteric records »

I am running CuBase5 in my studio and just purchased the Roland Juno Gi. I am going through the same crud, but I do no how to create panels in CuBase 5 and define controllers etc. to save to xml. I am going to bite the bullet and make my own xml file for instrument definitions and patches etc. I'll pass it on when I am through, unless someone at Roland is hearing the plea for some support here???...Korg and Yamaha is in CuBase, even the Triton....The Juno should be a snap.
Reech

Post by Reech »

@esoteric records - That would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.