Problem with back up on my memory card - can anyone help?

Forum for JUNO-G
peterhan

Problem with back up on my memory card - can anyone help?

Post by peterhan »

Hello all you good people

I just bought a pc card adaptor and a Kingston 4 GB compact flash card with the aim to make af full backup of my belowed juno G. I followed the very easy instruction in the juno manual, and started up with formattering the card - just as it says in the manual. No problem.

but....when doing the back-up procedure, the juno displays an error. I got this message "Card area full".

After this failure proces I tried to put the CF in the pc to see, if anything at all was loaded on the card. It was. Three folders, A)Roland, B) TMP and C) BACKUP. But, the BACKUP folder is empty.

So, now I am very confused. Have I made a Back-up? I doubt?

Are anyone familar with this problem, and does any of you people know how to fix it or do a work-around?

Maybe it is a problem with the card?
gearHed289

Re: Problem with back up on my memory card - can anyone help

Post by gearHed289 »

I'm having the exact same problem. Any thoughts or solutions? I've now tried two different brands of cards. Thanks.
dennis elbow

Post by dennis elbow »

edit:
i just tried this and the same thing happened,so i got a sandisk 64mb cf card then formated it in the juno g,then i tried to back up the juno g to the sandisk card and it worked fine.
maybe the juno g only likes certain cf cards or maybe you formated the cf card on the p.c.i don't know for sure.hope this helps.
tomas27

Post by tomas27 »

Hi. I think this could be cause you have a 4gb compact flash. The maximum the juno G admits is 1gb.
Hope this work
dennis elbow

Post by dennis elbow »

tomas27 wrote:Hi. I think this could be cause you have a 4gb compact flash. The maximum the juno G admits is 1gb.
Hope this work
not so.

the juno g can see my 16 gig transcend compact flash card no problem. it is 133x speed incase you want to get one.

all the best.
marczellm

Post by marczellm »

I have the same problem, can anyone help? You simply cannot buy a smaller card then 4GB.
marczellm

Post by marczellm »

What I ended up doing was put the card in a PC, save all the folders and files that the JUNO had put there, then follow the advice here:

http://timescience.wordpress.com/2010/0 ... rd-to-2gb/

http://pbxbook.com/meridian/cfpart.html

and shrink the card to 977 MB, then copy back the folders, and finally put the card in the JUNO and then I was able to backup.