My 2nd LCD ... and broken again..

Forum for JUNO-G
Pffffff

Re: My 2nd LCD ... and broken again..

Post by Pffffff »

I think all the JUNO-G have to suffer the same problem.
What is innaceptable, it is the attitude of ROLAND before this widespread problem.
Unlike the Japanese car manufacturers, for example, Roland did not see fit to support its customers, a market most likely deemed unprofitable. Given the serious weaknesses, the Juno-G is undoubtedly a bad product. More importantly, the attitude of Roland disappoints me and worries me.
dbijoux

Post by dbijoux »

Pffffff wrote:Given the serious weaknesses, the Juno-G is undoubtedly a bad product.
Your first post? What were you saying about attitude? Please tell me you actually own one and have a valid reason to complain.

The broken LCD's are more than likely a manufacturing flaw, certainly serious if it happens to you, but it's been covered here many times before. There is even a list of affected customers and serial #'s around somewhere.

I'm not defending Roland on this, albeit their authorized service center nearby took excellent care of mine(w/1-day turnaround). The problem I have with your statement is that it sounds like hearsay and you offer no specifics or personal experience to back it up.
Re-Member

Post by Re-Member »

jyothish wrote:I had the same problem and communicated with Roland. They say that the built in LCD had this problem when they released Juno G and a new version is available now. I still am in touch with them to know how to distinguish it from the earlier version to ensure that our service center replaces the module with this new version.
If the LCD module is replaced with earlier version, then the problem is bound to recur after about 1 year.
So what was their final response and did you get the problem solved? I'm currently considering buying a Juno G second hand, but won't if there's no way of repairing it myself, or obtaining replacement parts if the screen goes out.

One person says it's a problem with a ribbon connector and can be fixed with glue... another says Roland has replacement ribbons... others say there's a screen Roland can sell you, but will burn out again... there seems to be a lot of conflicting information as to what the real problem and solution is amongst users here. Who here has actually gotten the issue fixed without any future problems?

Others are also saying the warranty is now extended, which would mean even if I get it second hand, all I need is info from the owner from where it was originally purchased.

Again, some solid info would be good to have before making a purchase. I live in the US and there's a handful of local repair shops in my city authorized by Roland.
chadd

Post by chadd »

I purchased a juno-g for $180 last week from a guy, who was selling it with a "broken LCD"
(Even if I don't get my lcd fixed I'm happy with my purchase.)

Does anyone know if the juno-g's LCD is malfunctioning after version 2.0 update?

I have heard rumours (that I cannot substantiate) that for some people the LCD issues went away after they loaded version 2.0 onto the juno-g via compactflash.

If multiple LCDS keep going out, over and over, I assume it may be a software/driver issue, not a hardware issue.

Any thoughts?
huggles

Post by huggles »

fakher wrote: I hope they will listen to us (the Juno-G victims) and give us some upgrade path, with discounted replace with a better model, because as it is no one will buy it for a dime.
I doubt they are, or they just do not care. We have been complaining about the fact that there is no support for the editor or librarian after OS X 10.6, while they are giving away editors for the JP80 on IPad. My problem with the situation is that when my LCD finally gives in, I wont even be able to use the editor and librarian to make changes any more.

Good luck to everyone !!!
scienceyblues

Post by scienceyblues »

Hello, I want to share "the solution" for LCD problems, it was right for me and I hope that will be usefull to others, I don't know if it will be a permanent solution but you can try and, comment what happened:

At the same time that you turn on the Juno-G you need to move to left and right the Value Dial in a constantly/fast way; with it the problem dissapeared and return to normal function in my case.

I think that the problem is not the LCD because if it "broken "a while and return to normallity maybe the problem is other component that don't permit that the LCD receive the information in a correct manner; obviously my point of view derived from my experience and is posible that is incorrect.

Try this and give your answer.

Good Luck

Hola a todos, si tienen problema con la pantalla intenta hacer lo que me solucionó el problema; mi pantalla empezó a fallar y al encender mostraba varios tipos de espacios en blanco o en espejo, quiero saber si esto funciona en otros teclados: al momento de encender el juno G yo moví la rueda DIAL de cambio de patches (que está a la derecha de la pantalla LCD) continuamente (al mismo tiempo de encenderlo) y el daño desparecío; obviamente pienso que la falla no está en la LCD sino en otra parte.
scienceyblues

Post by scienceyblues »

I'm sorry, after that I wrote, this my LCD screen fail again, and I try to apply the "solution" and don't function, I will open tonight my Juno and try to repair in any way, if I have a solution I will post it.
liuyelian

Post by liuyelian »

This would mean that nobody is safe, even people that have had their LCD replaced already.
TWSS

Post by TWSS »

I got the Juno G when it first came out. Since then I have had 3 replacement screens, done at no cost as Roland backed up their product. However, the last time I had it fixed I was told "no more free fixes". Of course, now the 4th screen has gone bad too. I have read all about the China Syndrome LCD screens and the replacement screens that will work.... well I think they all suck pretty much. Which is too bad as I really really love this keyboard and don't want to give it up. I have created some songs that I am very pleased with, but can no longer program on the crappy screen. I have read about home fixes, but I doubt those will last either.

Juno G was a great synth/workstation for the money, but I think it's time to let it go....