bass sound

Forum for JUNO-G
sleepyhead

bass sound

Post by sleepyhead »

Hi everyone,
Can you share the trick to make good bass sound ?
I want solid rock bass,jaco bass sound,or something cooler than the sound juno already has.

Thanks for your kind.
wakerickman

Re: bass sound

Post by wakerickman »

hi i know its some time since you made this post of how to get a good bass sound, well i have a great tip, one that ive used myself as i quite reguarly play left hand bass + right hand parts as well. basicly there are 2 slightly diferant ways to do it both useing 2 sounds layered together. in order to get a deep powerfull low [harmonics free] sound . is to layer are a pure- no modulation -" sine wave" [all synths will have such a wave form] along with a normal standerd "slap bass" [also all modern synths will have several versions ] choose the one that you like the most. now then the 2 ways of doing this are either to select 2 compleatly seperate patches of "sine" and "slap bass" and use the layer facility on your keyboard or if your more exspert at programing if you have a synth with multiple osc/tones eg my juno stage [4 tones per patch] you can select [as you would only need 1 osc for each of the 2 layerd tones] one tone sine and the other slap. then you can balence the levels to suit your personal taste. if more adventerouse and you want to get a more emphatic "attack" then set the amp eg sustain to a good bit below max level [all ways start at maximan] and adjust the decay to a time you like. note as the "slap bass" sound will allready have a decay to zero you wont need to adjust an envolope on that. also you mite want to add some small release.ok hope thatr helps you cheers wakerickman