USB connection not working

Forum for JUNO-G
marczellm

USB connection not working

Post by marczellm »

Hi,

My problem is the Juno simply wouldn't connect via USB to my computer any more. Whenever I plug it in and whichever USB slot I use I get the error message on my computer: "USB device malfunctioning, Windows cannot recognize it" or something like that. I already uninstalled and reinstalled the driver with no results. I guess the cable isn't wrong because if I switch USB Mode on the Juno from MIDI to Storage or backwards I get the message again, which means the virtual "new device" signal is transmitted so the cable must be working.
jyothish

Re: USB connection not working

Post by jyothish »

If you want to isolate hardware problems, my suggestion is to
1) try with another cable first. Suppose the cable has a one side communication, the "new device" signal will reach the computer.
2) To isolate Windows driver problem, I would have tried with another computer or laptop. Do you have any other USB device plugged in like a USB sound card, printer etc apart from mouse and keyboard? If so, remove them and try to isolate any conflicts.
If problem persists even after isolating all these, you can try an update of the firmware from roland site. Please let me know which version of firmware you have in your JG.