newer sounds?

Forum for JUNO-G
mkeschinger

newer sounds?

Post by mkeschinger »

which has newer sounds: the xv collection in the library or the ultimate keys srx expansion card?
dbijoux

Re: newer sounds?

Post by dbijoux »

Let's see; free - $200 - free - $200

Does it really matter?

SRX big advantage is that it has many waveforms not available on the board at all ~ 860 of them.

http://soundprogramming.net/manuals/Rol ... Manual.pdf
mkeschinger

Post by mkeschinger »

The reason i asked was to see if it was worth getting. I have the free ones and even purchased f and x from sonic cell. Looking for fuller pads and strings. Thoughts?

Just got word tonight though that the church might be getting another board, so i might be selling mine. Is there a place to do that here? Or is it off to ebay? May keep it anyway, but like to know my options.
marczellm

Post by marczellm »

Yeah, the main difference is that XV collection contains patches that you can make on your JUNO. The SRX has extra waveforms which means that the sounds on it are unobtainable if you don't buy it. I don't have it so I don't know if it sounds better - it should.
RKfan

Post by RKfan »

You can make sound alikes of some of the SRX patches by substituting similar waves that are on the Juno-G.

I hae done this with some of the SRX patch.jgl files and got some pretty decent patches out of them. My favourite is a Memory Moog Strings sound which only needed me to change the waves for the MG Saw wave - gives a nice haunting string pad. If you reduce the attack on the filter and amp you get quite an interesting lead sound too.