Juno G and Pro Tools 7.4 with Mbox2

Forum for JUNO-G
And Juno this

Juno G and Pro Tools 7.4 with Mbox2

Post by And Juno this »

I've never used midi, but I'd really like to take advantage of some Pro Tools 7.4 LE plugins.
I run a Mac Pro running Mac OS 10.5.8.

I followed the connection directions. OUT to IN and IN to OUT from my Juno G to the Mbox 2.

In the Apple Audio Midi Setup, I made a new external device icon as a Roland, no specific model, as Juno G is not on the list. I then strung the "connectors" appropriately from the Mbox2 icon to the Roland icon, and tested it. The Mbox out was sending info to the Juno, but the Juno was not appearing to send any info to the Mbox.

I changed the cable, rescanned the midi device, and the same happened.

I looped the a midi cable to the inbox, tested it, and input and output were working. No problem there.

I have the midi setup to send and receive from port 1 on both the Mbox2 and Juno G.

I'm starting to think that it's a matter of having the wrong midi settings on the Juno G, but I could be mistaken, as I have been so during this entire endeavor.

Secondly, after I power-cycled the Juno and rescanned the midi, I must have changed something profoundly, because, as you can see in the attachment, there's now a JUNO audio input device icon that I can't remove.

What. Do. I. Do.
Attachments
Picture 15.png
Picture 15.png (80.67 KiB) Viewed 783 times
huggles

Re: Juno G and Pro Tools 7.4 with Mbox2

Post by huggles »

Hi,

I actually hope you've resolved this for yourself, but for anyone else watching this thread here it is:

The MBox2 and the JunoG are both USB enabled. I strongly suggest you plug both the MBox2 and your JunoG directly into your Mac.

1) Ensure you have installed the USB driver fro your Juno. If not you can find it at Roland here:

http://www.rolandus.com/support/downloa ... 5_v110.zip

Grab a copy of the editor software while you are there. It is really valuable.

2) My Juno Icon in the Audio Setup utility appears as soon as I have connected the Juno via USB. Ensure that you Juno MIDI option is set to USB. I have not had to drag connectors between the Juno Icon and the MBox2 icon. This is not necessary in my opinion.

3) The final step is to open you Protools and set the Juno as your Audio device.

This is all I have to do to use my Juno as a midi input device and sound generator in protools.

Thanks
Huggles