LCD SOLUTIONS

Forum for JUNO-G
Patrik

LCD SOLUTIONS

Post by Patrik »

hi all G users. after I red almost all posts regarding LCD bug I am that opinion it's just software problem and hardware replacement doesn't help (rather not guarantee solution).
so on this forum i would like to ask you to post SHORTLY your experiences with occasional or other attempts that help you (even if temporary) to remove or reduce this failure.
I expect from this some kind of guide we all can use if our display runs really unreadable.

( e.g. version 2.00 update, push and hold EXIT button, connecting dry midi cable to midi out etc. ; don't foget to mention current display status when "healing" )
THANK YOU IN ADVANCE.
albertodream

Re: LCD SOLUTIONS

Post by albertodream »

I don't think that it's a software problem. Mine was repaired more than a year ago and the screen doesn't show any failure since then. The service changed the screen, so it's a hardware problem.
Before this I've noticed that with low temperature the screen have more problems, but keeping the unit in a warm place doesn't fix the screen at all. Mine died in the summer. It seems that some electronic part of the screen degrades over time, and the screen finally stops working.

The only solution I know is to replace the screen.
Mystic38

Post by Mystic38 »

sorry, i dont think this is a software problem.. taking a dead JG in and getting the display replaced and it working immediately after shows it is the display module.. if it was software the problems would still be there.
Roland (and hence us) got shafted by poor quality displays..
Patrik

Post by Patrik »

thanks for your posts so far. of course from all lcd problems there must be also case with failed hardware. but iI still insist on my opinion.
as another proof I present my experience that brings lcd to normal state - lcd contrast adjusting while patch edit screen looks weird.
dbijoux

Post by dbijoux »

Patrik, apologies, but it sounds like you are confusing the contrast adjustment with a properly *&(#(@ screen failure. The LCD is backlit orange and as such may need some adjustment to make it right in your environment(ie: minimizing artifacts while maximizing contrast). It's an inconvenience, it's imperfect, it's old school, but it's cheaper than a Fantom. It's not that bad.

An LCD failure on Juno, when you have one, is noteably more disturbing - things rearrange, things disappear, the screen splits, characters goes crazies.

It's not a software bug and you cannot present your experience as proof unless you can describe it step-by-step. The reason noone has replied with the answer you are looking for is because everyone replaced the hardware and fixed the problem.

That is the solution. The end.
Grammar Wombat

Post by Grammar Wombat »

dbijoux wrote:…characters goes crazies.
Dbijoux, my friend, I believe you intended to type "characters go crazy."

Characters going crazy is indeed a problem, not merely with the Juno-G's display, but across the entire Roland Clan.

raccoon

Post by raccoon »

i think this hippo is overusing the aftertouch on the liquid lead
Patrik

Post by Patrik »

very shortly. purpose of this topic is described in my very first post. any posts regard misunderstanding or kind of attack I find as a baseless.