Hoe to control fx parameter with knobs or sliders

Forum for JUNO-G
mabo

Hoe to control fx parameter with knobs or sliders

Post by mabo »

Who can help with my FX question? I have created an performance using Mad Organ (from SRX board 07). This runs through 3 FX's: rotary, guitar amp and sequencer. I want to control the pre amp setting of the guitar amp with the cut of or resonance knob (or a slider) to give it a rough edge during playing. How do I do this: I have succeeded changing the control settings of the FX to the cut of knob, but it stil also changes the cut of parameter. How can I disconnect the knob from it's original parameter?
dbijoux

Re: Hoe to control fx parameter with knobs or sliders

Post by dbijoux »

Controllers are a weak point on the Juno-G (read:price saving). Essentially, you have only your left hand for all that - via pitch bend, modulation, and/or the D-Beam. I would have loved it if the four rotary controllers had an assignable CC mode, but alas this was the affordable version of the Fantom.

I see a MIDI controller in your future.

In the meantime, I wonder if you could use the Matrix Mode to trick the Cutoff by setting a negative value. I suppose this wouldn't make much sense as it'd be Cutoff (CC74) changing the FX as well. Maybe there is some processing chain wizardry that makes this possible, but I think probably not.
mabo

Post by mabo »

@dbijoux: thanks for replying me. For now I use the d-beam, but this rules out left hand playing. Good thing is I have some organ samples (voce v3), which aren't sensitive to cut of changes. Midi controller...well I honoustly try to bring down the number of devices and cables (imagine using the Juno G with Voce V3, drawbar module, volume pedal and switch pedal for rotary speed...). Of I find à workaround, I'll let you know (I feel there is something possible). sorry for typo's: iPad and auto correction...
Blues4dog

Post by Blues4dog »

Could you set min and max cutoff to zero or maybe disable it in the patch?
mabo

Post by mabo »

@Blues4dog - for now things are smooth using the cutoff control, so maybe best to lest things alone. But... setting min max = in pro edit mode (group TVF)?
Blues4dog

Post by Blues4dog »

Just tried it.

zoom edit
TVF
Set filter type to off.

Cheers

B4D