Librarian - device not set up correctly... really?

Forum for JUNO-G
mabo

Librarian - device not set up correctly... really?

Post by mabo »

Hi all,
having mastered sampling, recording and editing it now seems that using the Librarian is a to high mountain for me to climb.

Maybe it´s something really simple, but after following all steps (micro manual, vid´s, etc) it seems that I can´t get the Librarian Set Up MIDI Device parameters correctly. Having connected and fired up the Juno G end than start the Librarian I go to Set Up and Set Up MIDI Devices. There I can´t choose the Juno G (it´s not In the drop down list which only states ´none´). The computer and synth are connected well (it reads the memory card for example, when I switch to USB Storage), the device number is also corresponding. But I can´t get passed the message ´devices not set up correctly´ when trying to read the patches. Where do I loose track (and why can´t I just put .jgl files on the memory card... is there a way to import them from the card using the File Utility?)

I know it´s a lot of questions, I´ve looked in earlier posts but didn´t fand an answer. I also read that the Juno G is great but can be bit demanding when you want to work behind the curtains...

Thanks for trying to help me out here!
dbijoux

Re: Librarian - device not set up correctly... really?

Post by dbijoux »

Did you check to make sure you are in USB/MIDI mode? I've forgotten to switch it back in the past. If you have your DAW online and Juno MIDI is getting through, the librarian should also work the same.

In the case neither librarian or DAW/midi work, you might try to reinstall the drivers and start heading down the troubleshooting route.

.jgl files are for the librarian software only. The Juno-G does not read them directly, on-board all the patches are stored in the .svd file (innit?)
mabo

Post by mabo »

Yep - switched back. And reinstalled Librarian. Will dig into drivers (they are part of Librarian - or need I to install drivers seperately, which would explain all)
mabo

Post by mabo »

Found the drivers: http://www.rolandus.com/products/produc ... ductId=756
Must have 'missed' it in the documentation (*not*)
mabo

Post by mabo »

All installed, thansk for the clue dbijoux.
Wanted to see/hear the B4real. Interesting - eliminates sampling my own clonewheel organ. hah!

grtzzz
Marc