Patch with Pulse Wave

Forum for JUNO-G
huggles

Patch with Pulse Wave

Post by huggles »

Hi all,

I have been exploring the wave forms on my Juno, and decided to try out the pulse wave.

I am using the editor to make patch changes, and can not find where to set the pulse width in the editor. On closer inspection of the Juno front panel there does not appear to be an option to set the pulse width there either. It seems like a basic option for this kind of wave. Am I missing something?

Thanks
RKfan

Re: Patch with Pulse Wave

Post by RKfan »

If I understand what you are trying to do, you are correct there is no way to edit the pulse width in the Juno-G. The reason for this is that the sounds are made from samples; of which you have a few versions of different pulse width samples; 5%, 10% etc up to square wave (50%). But that is all you have. If you are trying to do something like modulating the pulse width then sorry but the Juno-G is not designed to do this. That said it is worth looking at Arty's Tweek Books to get some really good ideas of what you can do with the Juno. I have had mine for nearly 6 years and still think its great.
huggles

Post by huggles »

Thanks RKFan, I understand what you are saying. I do have Artemiy's tweak book, and you are correct, I should probably finish working through those tutorials first. I have been working through the synth cookbook (Fred Walsh) again and pulse width modulation is a subject in that book. It occurred to me that I had never actually tried this on the Juno, (I also have an SH01 which has the PWM setting on the face plate)

What are your thoughts about the Juno's manual pg 36 regarding the booster, two wave groups a time velocity amplifier to create modulation similar to PWM?
RKfan

Post by RKfan »

Sorry - never tried this - I may have a play over the next couple of weeks and see what happens. However that is if I can tear myself away from my new Kronos which after learning the Juno-G is making me scratch my head a bit (being used to the way you can choose what modulates what in which order on the G on a single screen using Structure would be great), it took me a while to work out how to get AMP and Filter envelopes to work.
I still love the G and it now sits above the Kronos, and will remain so unless one of my Kids decide to borrow it.
jpq

Post by jpq »

one tip simulate pwm with sample synths is use same time ramp and saw tooth waves and use detune set pwm "speed". anjd i found tthis itself and later form some tutorials btw i cannot now say good waves form juno g for this directly.i maybe test someday soon.