Using D Beam to control LFO Rate for Wobble/Dub - Possible?

Forum for JUNO-G
Skijumptoes

Using D Beam to control LFO Rate for Wobble/Dub - Possible?

Post by Skijumptoes »

I know i know, it's a sin!! ...However, i've been trying to get some wobble bass going with the 'g', i usually use the SH-201 and assign the LFO rate to the D Beam.... Find this really natural to get a responsive control.

However, when i go in the D Beam assignments on the Juno i cannot find LFO Rate anywhere.. So i'm guessing it's not possible?

Also, if anyone is interested i've found a good technique for that Dubsteppy feel, if you get the reverse delay loaded up on MFX and lay it on a drum track, drop the BPM down to about 70-80, you can get a nice Dubsy feel going and wobble your bass all over it like a sloppy ice cream.
JunoJohn

Re: Using D Beam to control LFO Rate for Wobble/Dub - Possib

Post by JunoJohn »

Skijumptoes wrote:However, when i go in the D Beam assignments on the Juno i cannot find LFO Rate anywhere
Assign the D-Beam to send a MIDI CC that is not being used for anything else (for example CC 49).

In your Patch's Matrix Control, set that MIDI CC (the "Source") to control LFO 1/2 RATE (the "Destination").

Adjust the Sensitivity to taste.

Thanks for the Reverse Delay idea!
Skijumptoes

Re: Using D Beam to control LFO Rate for Wobble/Dub - Possib

Post by Skijumptoes »

Ah excellent, never played with the matrix control before - makes perfect sense.
Thankyou!