Factory reset help/No sound triggering

Forum for JUNO-G
milkbath

Factory reset help/No sound triggering

Post by milkbath »

Bought a Juno G from eBay a few years ago before I knew what I was doing. Needless to say it had the LCD screen problem, but it also had an issue with no sound playing from the keys UNLESS I press Audition or I am using the Editor. Roland support just keeps suggesting a factory reset, but I can't see what buttons to press to reset; they don't seem to get that. Could someone kindly tell me step by step what exact buttons to press to reset, and does anyone else have any other suggestion how to fix this?

Thank you for your help!
mb

Re: Factory reset help/No sound triggering

Post by mb »

Hi Milkbath,

I found this info by typing in "factory rest Juno-g" in google.com.
http://cms.rolandus.com/assets/media/pdf/JUNO_G_Q_A.pdf

The following procedure clears the internal memory and reloads the JUNO-G’s factory settings.
Caution! When you clear the JUNO-G’s memory, all of your own data will be erased. Please be sure to back up anything you wish to keep before resetting the JUNO-G’s memory.

1. Press MENU (Under EDIT)
2. Press the DOWN CURSOR to select 2 3. Utility, and then press ENTER.
3. Press the button below the FACTORY screen icon.
A warning message appears to give you the opportunity to cancel the procedure—take a moment and make sure there’s nothing in the JUNO-G’s memory you want to keep.

4. To complete the Factory Reset procedure, press the button below the EXEC screen icon.
5. When “Completed” is displayed, turn the JUNO-G’s power off ,and then turn it back on again.

Caution! Never turn off the power during a Factory Reset. This may result in corrupted internal data and may prevent the power from being turned on again.
milkbath

Post by milkbath »

I'm very aware of this being easily searchable how to do it, but my screen isn't working so I can't tell:

1. How many times to press the Down Cursor. Does it start at 1 or does the first press start at 1?
2. No idea which button is below the Factory screen icon nor EXEC screen icon.
3. Do I need to select or press anything during the warning message?
4. How long does a reset usually take so I now when it is safe to power off the Juno G?

Thank you!
milkbath

Post by milkbath »

Or if it isn't too much to ask could someone be so kind as to show in a video how to do the Factory Resest and/or Local Switch on procedure? I'd be eternally grateful.