2 pitch bend issues for the price of 1

Forum for JUNO-G
latinojazero

2 pitch bend issues for the price of 1

Post by latinojazero »

Hi,
I hope this info might be of any help to someone, or you might have something to add.

I had two issues with my Juno G pitch bend, and I thought they would have been part of the same problem, while in fact they are not:

1) At power-up, a very tiny -let's call it an eight of the lever travel- upward (right) pitch bend will make the pitch jump to whatever maximum value is programmed.
Once I let the lever travel all the way to the right though, and return to its center position, the problem no longer exists, as if re-calibrated.
This does not happen for a downward (left) bend.

2) An upward (right) pitch bend movement would not return to its center position, if released quickly, in a precise linear curve, but instead it goes over into a negative value before settling in the centre.
This was possibly my major problem, as it was causing some very unmusical pitch bends, and the re-calibrating, as in my previous point, wouldn't have made it better.
I have seen this issue already been raised in the Fantom X forum.

I have bought from Roland UK and installed myself a new pitch assembly, and I can confirm that issue n.2 has disappeared, while issue n.1 is still annoyingly there.
I was also very kindly sent by Roland the Juno G Service Notes .pdf, which gives access to internal test routines, clearly showing both issues in graphic form.

good day
Latino