Help with LCD issues

Forum for JUNO-G
baltibob

Help with LCD issues

Post by baltibob »

hello all...so upon research I've noticed that I'm not the only one that has experienced LCD issues. I bought my G right after they came out and I guess I've had no problems because I'm a casual player and don't use my keyboards all the time. Anyway, I recently started to use my G more often and noticed the strange LCD mirroring and "quartering" and at first thought it was a software issue. I saved all my patches, etc. and tried to reboot it, to no avail. Then, out of the blue, it started to work right again and I actually got a whole weekend of sequencing out of it but now it's back to it's old tricks again :( The sound is great, but.. Anyway, what is the Roland contact number so I can find an authorized repair person in my area..Can I just call the Guitar Center that I bought it from or will that not even know the solution. I really don't think it's fair to pay for it but since it's WAY out of warranty I'll bite the bullet. But I don't want to pay more then a couple hundred dollars. Any advice??? Thanks...
JunoJohn

Re: Help with LCD issues

Post by JunoJohn »

Sorry about your LCD problems.
baltibob wrote:…Anyway, what is the Roland contact number so I can find an authorized repair person in my area…
Roland Service Center Locator
baltibob

Re: Help with LCD issues

Post by baltibob »

Thanks for the tip. Roland sent me the new LCD for FREE. I just had to pay for labor since I was not under warranty still. It makes me very happy that Roland fixed the problem for me knowing that they had issues with the early serial number LCD's!!!