External sequencer turning off oscillators 1 and 2

Forum for JUNO-G
baltibob

External sequencer turning off oscillators 1 and 2

Post by baltibob »

hello all and Happy Easter! I'm using my G as a sound module with an external workstation sequencer. The issue that I'm having is that the sequencer "locate" function triggers oscillators 1 and 2 on my G patch to "turn off" or "reset" for some reason. Example... If I'm working with G patch "Get it Loud" on track 1 from the external workstation and I press "locate" to get me back to the point that I'm starting to add "Get it Loud" to the song the workstation sends out a (probably a reset) signal which mutes oscillators 1 and 2 of "Get it Loud" (which is where you can get all that delicious, screeching feedback in that patch)...it's frustrating because I tried to use the midi filter of the workstation but it still does it every single time unless I turn off all controllers in the Global section of the workstation and the Juno has way to many nuances in it's patches not to use any controllers at all!!! Is there a way to stop the oscillators from resetting within the patch itself? I tried a couple of different patches and it happened with all of them where oscillators 1 and 2 were used (most, of course) EXCEPT rhythm sets!! UGH!! thanks!
wave

Re: External sequencer turning off oscillators 1 and 2

Post by wave »

baltibob

Assuming I'm a perfect newbie on Juno G (bought 2nd hand just yesterday) you should tell what external workstation sequencer you're using. This might help understanding whether you must disable some parameters/CCs sent from the sequencer to the Juno G or you must disable Juno G receiving some CCs.

There are no right answer if the question is wrong...
baltibob

Post by baltibob »

I am using a Korg M-50 as my sequencer because I love the Pattern Feature. It's been a month and I still haven't figured this out. I did discover that I can record changes In the sequence and that as long as the track that contains the midi Juno patch is not the one selected when I "locate" it will NOT reset. When it does reset I have to just switch performances and then then switch BACK to the original performance in order to reset to all original performance settings. It's odd and no one in the Korg forums has been able to help either!
wave

Post by wave »

By the way... I had a similar issue when I was using a Korg TR76 and a Roland RD-300sx midied together.
Korg TR76 was used to play back multitrack sequences that had both internal and external (RD-300sx) MIDI tracks.
Everytime I started a sequence, although program changes and CC#0 and #32 were correct, I always had a flanging effect on RD-300sx piano voice that forced me to manually recall the first piano voice, pressing the dedicated button on my RD-300sx.
I had never been able to overcome this problem... Until I sold the two units.