Time Stretching Options on Samples

Forum for JUNO-G
Tarkov72

Time Stretching Options on Samples

Post by Tarkov72 »

I feel like I didn't have this problem before, but I can't seem to disable the time stretch option when I make samples--ie I don't want it to preserve the duration of the sample across the keyboard. For example, if I strike a key an octave down I want it to be twice the time as the octave up. Am I missing something here? There doesn't seem to be a "disable" time stretch option.
silverleo

Re: Time Stretching Options on Samples

Post by silverleo »

I have the opposite issue: samples at the upper and lower end of keyboard have shorter/longer duration than the original one I've put in C4 key...

That was annoying (and produce crappy sound on looped samples), so I created patches via Rhytm Set, one sample per key...

I use .aiff files with all metadata (start point, end point, loop start/end points, etc...).
Tarkov72

Post by Tarkov72 »

If I understand what your saying correctly, you should be able to fix your problem with Time Stretch in the Sample Edit screen (check p. 122 of the manual).
Tarkov72

Post by Tarkov72 »

I think I must have been remembering wrong and in fact my samples were always time stretched. I can't understand why time stretch would not have the ability to be disabled.
Tarkov72

Post by Tarkov72 »

Well I figured it out and thought I'd post it so this thread isn't left hanging. I had to disable Wave Tempo Sync to be able to have time stretch not be applied.