upgradable past 516?

Forum for JUNO-G
gfan80

upgradable past 516?

Post by gfan80 »

Hi there,

I acquired this nice keyboard and i wonder if someone can tell me a thing or two about the memory in this. I know that from what I read, the memory can be expanded up to 516 M. I've been reading around this forum and it appears that some people have managed to get this upgraded to at least 1 GB while other people have not been so lucky, possibly due either bad memory or something with the way the keyboard is configured.

Can anyone tell me more about the memory expansion past 516 M and if it is really recommended?

Also, I did upgrade this keyboard to version 2 the other day. Is it possible to program samples on the keys instead of the trigger pads?
raccoon

Re: upgradable past 516?

Post by raccoon »

which memory are you trying to upgrade?
according to the manual, you can add 512Mb of RAM and 1Gb of flash. That's plenty of memory for a lot of projects.
gfan80

Post by gfan80 »

raccoon wrote:which memory are you trying to upgrade?
according to the manual, you can add 512Mb of RAM and 1Gb of flash. That's plenty of memory for a lot of projects.
I was wondering about the RAM going past 512 to 1 GB
Ricoche

Post by Ricoche »

I've heard the Juno G is "similar" to that of the Fantom X series. I know the Fantom Xa, Xr, and X7 can be upgraded to 1GB even though the manual says 512MB. I have them all and currently have 1GB in each. For me 1GB is a definite must because I stick all my Rhodes and large piano samples in there. Unfortunately unless someone has tested the Juno G with more memory someone is going to have to test this on their own. I'd bet it works though.