I AM

Re: I still love my Juno-G!

Post by I AM »

Fantom XR?
dennis elbow

Post by dennis elbow »

i have to agree i love me original G.lol
my very first workstation,i have had it since 2007 but i only really started to use it last year because i bought other gear at the same time, quite a bit of gear,and had a few teething troubles at first with me juno know what i mean,so i didn't force me self to go on it as often as i should have. and i loves it i do's.
and ive only just scratched the surface.in fact i may just have a liddle wander around the keys latter see if i can get lost.lol
TWSS

Post by TWSS »

March 8-2014: I still love my Juno-G too...more than ever. I have had the dreaded screen problem multiple times. Counting the original screen, there have been 5 screens in this machine! Roland has stood by their warranty and replaced it at no cost to me each time. I just got it back for the same issue and had to wait 4 months for a replacement screen. I picture some tiny sweat shop in some Asian alley cranking these out one at a time..Sorry if that is not PC.

I had to purchase another synth for gigs ... the Yamaha MOX6. I also have the Roland VR-09. For live gigging and performance issues, the Juno-G is better than the other 2. The Yamaha has some fantastic sounds and I'm still trying to learn it... just barely into it. The VR-09 organ drawbars was the primary reason I got that keyboard--pretty good clone wheel. It has some staple sounds, but when I compare what I can do on the Juno G to the other 2 synths I realize what a great instrument the G really is.

I hope this sucker can last for a few more years. I don't know how much longer Roland can support the repair and how much longer I can tolerate months in the shop, so Im really hoping this last one will last for a while. Typically, a replace lasts about 16 months then the garbage sets in.