Juno G and external keyboard

Forum for JUNO-G
wave

Juno G and external keyboard

Post by wave »

My goal is driving a Patch from a Performance with an external keyboard, hooked to the Jono G MIDI IN.

For instance, a Performance made up of 3 Patches: 2 of them are played by the Juno G keyboard and the third one with the external keyboard (PCR-M80).

Is this possibile and how it's done?

Thanks
wave
marczellm

Re: Juno G and external keyboard

Post by marczellm »

Hi,

It's possible. You have to set two things.

1. The external keyboard is set to send the MIDI data on the MIDI channel with the same number as the patch. For example, set the external keyboard to Channel 5 if you want to control Part 5 of the performance.
(Note: This is so because Part 1, 2, 3 etc. is by default set to Channel 1, 2, 3 etc. on the JG. You can change this but it messes up everything so don't mess around with that.)

2. On the Juno in the settings of the Performance, the Keyboard Switch for that Part is OFF.
(So that it doesn't sound on the JUNO, only by MIDI.)

Good luck!
wave

Re: Juno G and external keyboard

Post by wave »

marczellm

Thanks for your reply.
In fact you told me to do the things I'm already doing... The problem I'm facing is that the Part played by the external keyboard (Roland PCR-M80) doesn't react to sustain (CC#64)
Modulation, Pitch Bend and other controllers are received by the external Part except sustain.
I checked also the internal Juno G menus and I've seen that everything is at its default value.

I'm clueless...