How to: Use an expression pedal with Juno-G as a wah-wah

Forum for JUNO-G
mb

How to: Use an expression pedal with Juno-G as a wah-wah

Post by mb »

This is a tutorial on how to use an expression pedal with the Juno-G as a Wah-Wah pedal with an external guitar. You can actually use any input you like. This tutorial shows you how to set up the expression pedal to work with any effect. Changing the effect and the 'destination' will let you use an expression pedal with any effect you want and any input source. I couldn't find this info in the book. It may be there or maybe I'm just slow... but here is how to do it in case there are others out there like me who need this info. Enjoy!

If I missed any info let me know.

1. Turn the volume of the keyboard down all the way.
2. Turn the audio input volume down all the way.
3. Connect guitar to the audio input jack L mono.
4. Turn audio input level up all the way.
5. Go to Edit/Menu/6. Input setting.
6. On the input setting screen: Input select: "Microphone", Audio input ASGN: "MFX 1", Audio input level: "127".
7. Connect expression pedal to the 'control' input jack using a stereo cable. I'm using the Boss FV-500H. The minimum volume is turned all the way down and the cable runs from the exp output.
8. Go to Edit/Menu/2. System. Select ' KBD/CTRL'. Select 'Pedal'. Set control pedal assign to :CC20. Now select Control. Set SYS CTRL 1 Source to :CC20. Select 'Write" to save the settings. And exit out.
9. Select a patch and then hit the effects button.
10. Select MFX and then select the AutoWah effect.
11. Select CTRL and set the source to :CC20 and the Destination to: Manual +35.
12. Select MFX again. Use these settings: Manual: 26, Peak: 38, Rate 1/8 note, Depth 0. You can adjust these to your liking.
13. Turn the audio up on both the keyboard and audio input and you guitar of course. I would do it slowly just to be sure you don't kill your ears. These settings should be fine but be careful what you choose as the instrument patch. I've had my ears blown a few times accidentally hitting keys.

I beleive that's all. Let me know what you think. You can save these settings as a song. Another thing is that when you turn on the keyboard you have to change the the input setting screen (step number 6 above) every time: Input select: "Microphone", Audio input ASGN: "MFX 1".