"New" Juno G LCD screen -secondhand,and scratched.

Forum for JUNO-G
jimdunlop

"New" Juno G LCD screen -secondhand,and scratched.

Post by jimdunlop »

Took the plunge and bought a new LCD for my Juno G, took it out of the package and it's not new, not wrapped in anything and its in worse condition than the original one in my 'board.

I have put it in and its working- for now.....

Has anyone else been supplied with a used item which was supposed to be new? This is very poor service- if I had been told that I was getting a reconditioned one that was going to stay working I wouldnt mind, but no, they just sent a secondhand part!

I will never ever waste money on anything to do with Roland again.

The date code reads from 2009 if i'm not mistaken. My original is 2006.
JunoJohn

Re: "New" Juno G LCD screen -secondhand,and scratched.

Post by JunoJohn »

Where did you buy your "new" LCD?
jimdunlop

Post by jimdunlop »

JunoJohn wrote:Where did you buy your "new" LCD?
From an authorised Roland service centre recommended to me after I had been in contact with Roland.
PauloF

Post by PauloF »

jimdunlop wrote:
JunoJohn wrote:Where did you buy your "new" LCD?
From an authorised Roland service centre recommended to me after I had been in contact with Roland.
You should file a claim!!
TWSS

Post by TWSS »

The last replacement screen I got was obviously used, was fuzzy but functional.... until it died too.

I got the Juno G when it first came out. Since then I have had 3 replacement screens, done at no cost as Roland backed up their product. However, the last time I had it fixed I was told "no more free fixes". Of course, now the 4th screen has gone bad too. I have read all about the China Syndrome LCD screens and the replacement screens that will work.... well I think they all suck pretty much. Which is too bad as I really really love this keyboard and don't want to give it up. I have created some songs that I am very pleased with, but can no longer program on the crappy screen. I have read about home fixes, but I doubt those will last either.

Juno G was a great synth/workstation for the money, but I think it's time to let it go....