Version 2: How do you record sample triggers in a song?

Forum for JUNO-G
bharbour

Version 2: How do you record sample triggers in a song?

Post by bharbour »

Does anyone know how to use the sample triggers to record in a track/ song? I know about sampling in a sound, and assigning them to pads, but I don't know how to record them to a song track. I cannot find this in the manuals or anywhere. Does anyone know how to do this?
mb

Re: Version 2: How do you record sample triggers in a song?

Post by mb »

I haven't tried this but I think Pads are rhythm sets and can be loaded just like other instruments into the song instrument tracks. Then you use the keyboard to play it.
Patrik

Post by Patrik »

hi, actually it is sampling the samples if I understand your request.
there are more ways how to do that as JUNO G is used to set.
maybe just manually inserted samples in AUDIO TRACK screen will help.
or paste samples to kayboard and record them in re-sampling mode.
just try. JUNO can make it for sure !
dennis elbow

Post by dennis elbow »

i may be able to help you with this.
this is one way i like to do this.
and yes your right the book don't tell you how to do what you really want to do,i know.
dont be put of it will get very easy,once you start to do it this way.
it will soon become familiar.a piece of cake.

o.k if you want to record your samples in performance mode into any or all the 16 midi tracks here's a good way to do this, it will take a little getting used to,but once you do, this baby will offer up more of what the juno g can do.
there is other ways but try this first to see if it suits what you want to do.

in performance mode press song.
choose which number you want,channel to use for samples,highlight either 1,2,3,4,5 etc
choose channel 1 for now.
press enter,then press RHYTHM
use the arrows on the left to choose which template you would like to use.you have a choice of,
user
preset
gm
card
for now just use USER.hit enter on standard kit,it matters not for now.
this will take you back to the main performance screen,if you chose channel 1 it should show 1 standardkit1.
now press PATCH
on this next screen down at the right bottom is PRO EDIT,PRESS IT.
next screen should be TVF PARAMETER,o.k.down the bottom you have GRP LIST,GRP arrow up and GRP arrow down.
hold GRP arrow up until it reaches the top.

from here you will be doing most of your sample arranging.
press the GRP down arrow 3 times and you will come to
wave group INT INT INT INT
wave bank --- --- --- --- <<<<<some may have numbers in them,don't worry about that for now.
wave no.L(mono)
wave no.R
OK.
press any keys on the keyboard and you will see the data change.each key can have a sample assigned to it.if you want to assign different samples onto different keys you just have to make sure you
choose SAMP
then underneath turn dial to PRST/or USER or CARD,wherever you samples are.

turn the dial to the right on wave group,one turn will say EXP/which means expansion board
second turn to the right will say SAMP,which means sample,underneath it says PRST,which means preset.push the down arrow by the data wheel so that PRST is highlighted,the turn the dial to the right,one turn will be user,user samples,if thats where your samples are choose this,next turn to the right will be CARD.if this is where your samples are choose this.
next push the down arrow by the scroll wheel once.
this should be wave no.L (mono) if you look at the top left of the screen you should see a wave shape with an L(OFF next to it,turn the scroll wheel to the right,you should start to see samples as you turn the wheel.
so each key on the keyboard can have a sample assignes to it.you also have octave up and down to assign samples,o.k.
changing the pitch of each sample is easy,press GRP button arrow down once,
tone course tune 60(c 4 is what you need to turn,left or right to change the pitch of the sample/s as you press the key on the keyboard.once any key is pressed you can change the settings for that key,it will not change to another key until you press one.if you want to get the sample in time with the tempo press tempo,press click.tick it leave it on.then press.
patch
pro edit
grp arrow up all the way to,tone course tune to change the samples pitch to match the tempo.
once you have assigned all the sample you want to use,just press song,which will take you back to the performance mode 16 channels.all you samples will be assigned to standardkit1 on channel 1.
hit record of you go,the tempo should be set so the samples will fit when you record them.

you can do this on all the channels.
let me know how you get on
have fun.

paul.
dennis elbow

Post by dennis elbow »

unless of course you want to trigger samples in the 4 audio tracks which i dont think that you can.
the 16 midi channel only trigger sounds samples that are assigned to these channels.
good luck.