Output A(MIX) Messed up????

Forum for JUNO-G
Balance

Output A(MIX) Messed up????

Post by Balance »

First of all, hello everyone. I am new to this forum and i am looking forward to talking to each and every one of you :)

Alright so I have my roland juno g hooked up to my computer via Focusrite Saffire 6 (interface), i have professional cables, and the sound is kind of off persae. It's not a latency issue, when i press on a key, sound will play immediately, but it has like a delay in when the loud part of the key comes in? usually when you press a key it starts from really loud to low. when i hit my key its starts low, then in 1/4 of a second loud, then low.????
I listened to it on my headphones and this is not a problem. I dont know anything about the juno g, and i can NOT find my manual.. can someone please tell me how i can switch the output to output B? or maybe mess with the mixer or something of that sort so that im not having this issue??
Balance

Re: Output A(MIX) Messed up????

Post by Balance »

Nevermind. It was a latency issue! Sample rate is at 48k
Balance

Post by Balance »

Actually... now that i just moved to the drums.. nevermind. Idk wats up with this man. Some please help..
mb

Post by mb »

Output A is mono and if you add output B you get stereo. Maybe that's the problem? Since it sounds fine in the headphones which are stereo. I would hook your Juno-G to a stereo or some other device and see if you're still having the issue hooking it up in stereo using both output A & B. If it sounds right then it's probably some setting on your recording software or the computer hardware.
PauloF

Post by PauloF »

mb wrote:Output A is mono and if you add output B you get stereo. Maybe that's the problem? Since it sounds fine in the headphones which are stereo. I would hook your Juno-G to a stereo or some other device and see if you're still having the issue hooking it up in stereo using both output A & B. If it sounds right then it's probably some setting on your recording software or the computer hardware.
Sorry to disagree mb, but both Outputs A and B are Stereo.
You can assign a Patch to be output to Out A or B. One thing that I did when I had my Fantom, was to assign the Patch part to OUT A and the Drums Part to OUT B.

Now in order to try give a help to balance, I need to be on my home computer to check a few details ( I'm answering from an iPhone...)
mb

Post by mb »

Yeah you're right. What I meant was the inputs Left and Right are mono. :)
PauloF

Post by PauloF »

mb wrote:Yeah you're right. What I meant was the inputs Left and Right are mono. :)
;-)
Maarkr

Post by Maarkr »

pls clarify:
'I listened to it on my headphones and this is not a problem.' headphones plugged into your saffire, juno or computer output??
what cables do you have plugged into which ports of your Juno and Saffire??
balz

Post by balz »

Use A&B output,,..check the equalizer,