Assigning Recorded Rhythms to Rhythm Patterns

Forum for JUNO-G
DamianH

Assigning Recorded Rhythms to Rhythm Patterns

Post by DamianH »

Hi,

Hopefully this is an easy one for somebody to answer!

Is there a way to grab a section of rhythm from part 10 of a song that I have already recorded and assign this to a rhythm pattern group? Currently I can only see a way of creating a new rhythm pattern by editing an existing one or starting a new one using the step recording method. I am not comfortable with using step recording yet so if anybody can help it would be much appreciated.

Basically I just want to have similar rhythm patterns in a group but with bits added/stripped out of some of them.

Many thanks

Damian
I AM

Re: Assigning Recorded Rhythms to Rhythm Patterns

Post by I AM »

looks like rhythm patterns as well as arp patterns are only created via step edit or step rec... not on JG
DamianH

Post by DamianH »

Ok thanks, you have saved me a lot of time from trying to find this out the hard way. It looks like I will have to master step recording then!

Does anybody have any tips to help a novice like myself get started with step recording?
huggles

Post by huggles »

Hi DamianH

Are you saying that you have already recorded part 10 for another song, possibly on a different board, or are those rhythm patterns on your Juno G, but in a different song?

I have created sets of rhythm patterns (grouped by genre) that I load through the librarian software. This allows me to backup my rhythm patterns and use them as starting points for songs in a given genre. You can easily copy rhythm patterns in the librarian software, and then assign them to rhythm groups once you're done copying them.

HTH
DamianH

Post by DamianH »

I have already created part 10 on the same Juno G board in a song. I just want to paste a section of this directly into a rhythm pattern. From what I understand this still doesn't seem to be possible. I will explore the librarian route however as it does sound interesting.

Can anybody help me get started with step recording rhythms? I'm sure it can't be that difficult! A quick basic video tutorial on youtube would be very helpful but I appreciate this is quite a big ask!

When I try to do it the beats all end up being too close or even joined together rather than looping at the position where I believe it should be recording! It seems much easier to loop record.
Thanks
dennis elbow

Post by dennis elbow »

you could sample the juno g directly, the part which you want to grab,and then use that sample part in a rhythm group or patch or on a key.to do this you have to re-sample.which means you can play the part you want to record and it will sample that part for you.you can set it up so when you press start record on screen it will start play back and record the part/sample.in one of the audio tracks.
once you have recorded the sample in to the audio parts 1/2/3/4 you can then save that sample.
and then use it in another part or patch or in rhythm part on any key.as a loop or phrase.
go to my reply on How do you record sample triggers in a song?.it may help with what you are trying to do.
or may not.
good luck.