Juno G Audio Logic

Forum for JUNO-G
John7309

Juno G Audio Logic

Post by John7309 »

hello, I am new here so i apologize if this question has been asked, I did look, but I can't find an answer. I'm another person trying to get Juno to work with logic, the only thing is I just want straight audio. I know how to get the midi working and use the instruments within logic, but I how do I get my Juno to play just straight audio into it? I have an audiobox 22 hooked up to a macbook, with midi cables running from the interfaces in to the Junos out, with an audio cable running from the juno into one of the audiobox's instrument slots. Ive also gone into logics enviroment and created a new instrument and selected the external intstrument from the I/O. Like I said it registers when i play notes and records them, but only for logics own synths. I know this is probably really simple but I appreciate any help I can get, I'll try rewiring in the meantime. Oh and while I'm asking will I be able to use the juno's effects also like the cutoff and resonance features or do I have to do something else to do that? Thank you!
I AM

Re: Juno G Audio Logic

Post by I AM »

create 2 tracks, 1 external instrument for midi and one for audio. arm rec on audio track.
now you can record audio from juno via your soundcard while playing midi to juno
John7309

Post by John7309 »

okay so I did that, but the audio track doesnt record anything but the midi still shows up. I'm assuming when i open the project I want audio, right? So i open it up, make the external instrument, create the audio track, hit record, still nothing. Sorry to be a bother but I'm not sure what else I'm missing? Thanks
huggles

Post by huggles »

John7309 wrote:okay so I did that, but the audio track doesnt record anything but the midi still shows up. I'm assuming when i open the project I want audio, right? So i open it up, make the external instrument, create the audio track, hit record, still nothing. Sorry to be a bother but I'm not sure what else I'm missing? Thanks
There are many tutorials on youtube that will show you how to record an external instrument in logic;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f8o0cNw07YE
John7309

Post by John7309 »

Yes, i have watched and copied those steps, unfortunately it doesn't always work that way if you have an audio interface. I've gotten the sound to play back through the synth, but still can't record it to disk as audio which makes me wonder perhaps I just have the wrong audio cable? It's connected to the Juno's first audio ouput jack next to the headphones and into the interfaces first audio jack. I'm not sure if it matters that its a mono cable, because I've expiremented with both mono and stereo setups in logic, still doesn't work. Oh well, I'll just keep trying. Thank you guys for your input!