Midi Song play

Forum for JUNO-G
Maarkr

Midi Song play

Post by Maarkr »

OK, I loaded a 2 measure mid file into the G, and have a couple of questions.

The first time I play it thru, it works, but then stops on the third measure and won't play back until I hit Song again and load it. Can I get it to reset to the beginning after it is played?

OK...after messing with it, I found I can hit the BWD button twice to move the marker to the first of the song, and I can use the LOOP button to get it to go back to the beginning, but I have to remember to STOP the song after it plays to keep from looping. Any way to return to the beginning after playing? It doesn't really matter cause I'll be playing it live so I only need it once.

Next issue... after loading the mid file, I saved the patch, thinking it would save the mid file in the patch play after shutdown, but it doesn't save it. How do I save that mid patch play with the patch?
I AM

Re: Midi Song play

Post by I AM »

hey! there should be a shortcut to jump to the song start... can't remember for sure, but something like SHIFT + BWD or stop+bwd
as for a song save, you have to options - press shift+write and "save song" from there, this will save song in juno's own format, playable only on JG. it will save both, midi data and patch or perf. data

other option is to place prog.change message recalling your patch at the beginning of your midi song. your patch should be saved in JG to some location, so it could be recalled. then save a midi file, that can be played by any midi player

hope this'll help you!