Juno G Driver Unload

Forum for JUNO-G
etherweet

Juno G Driver Unload

Post by etherweet »

Greetings Juno Gang.

And now the problem I am having:

I sat down to make all sorts of patches and performances for an upcoming gig and decided since it was so important to me, I would want to save all the performances and patches so I could work with them in the juno editor and librarian.

So i plug a sub cable into the juno and computer expecting the editor and librarian to work like they did in the past. but no. on both windows desktops and 3 windows laptops that all worked fine - all of them appear to unload the driver and say there is no driver installed, or can't read or write, or found new hardware... etc.....

ive spent probably 10 to 15 hours uninstalling, unplugging, plugging back in, rebooting, and cursing with no luck. i opened one windows registry and it looks like there are over a dozen instances of a juno reference as though every time you plug in the juno another non functioning driver gets installed.

i have uninstalled and re installed the original driver on the juno cd as well as the later version from the roland web site. they both fail the same way. i can actually see the usb device icon that shows up as you install the driver dissapear just after windows gleefully declares your juno deivce as installed and ready to use. but it doesnt work.

removed and re installed editor and librarian several times too.

i can see the juno user and card space as a storage device if i switch to storage mode and can read and write there just fine.

i love my juno but it looks like she has decided to stop talking to me.

has anyone had this happen? if you found a fix i bet it wore you out.

any help would be appreciated.

thanks

joe
I AM

Re: Juno G Driver Unload

Post by I AM »

did you switch to midi mide?
etherweet

Re: Juno G Driver Unload

Post by etherweet »

I ended up looking through the topics here and the response about making sure the juno is set to receive and send midi sysex was the solution.

thanks to all you folks who post answers and solutions.

i should have read further then i wouldnt have wasted space here.

thanks again folks!