Effects with a Mic.. Impossible???

Forum for JUNO-G
tim_carrigg

Effects with a Mic.. Impossible???

Post by tim_carrigg »

Hey guys,

Does anyone know how to create an octave transposition effect for vocals live while I'm speaking into a mic? Is this possible? I'm trying to make my voice sound very deep like I'm a transformer or something ;)

Also, probably more challenging, is there any way to make it possible for me to sing into the mic and have the juno-g produce a full chord in response (live)? I'd like to see if it could produce this effect http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ivrf8QPmMFE (skip to 3:20 to see what I'm talking about).

OR at the very least, some sort of effect that can double my voice at a different pitch level as I sing into it.

Thanks for all the help!
Tim
I AM

Re: Effects with a Mic.. Impossible???

Post by I AM »

you can process signal from input with MFX. to do so, change input from DRY to MFX in input settings page.... hold shift and drag input slider to go to input settings page
tim_carrigg

Post by tim_carrigg »

Thanks for the response I AM. I'm not having problems setting up the input with MFX though. I already figured that out last night (and it was great, got to hear my voice channeled through all the 78 effects!). But I'm afraid I couldn't seem to match any effect with the specific sound I'm going for in a live setting (octave transposition, chords, any sort of polyphony).

That said, I don't know if there's some sort of way to manipulate the effects' parameters to create any of these sounds, but I haven't come across any such means yet. I'm thinking this might require a little bit of creativity to produce what I'm looking for.
tim_carrigg

Post by tim_carrigg »

I found something... it's in MFX 61 62 63, the pitch shifters. Pretty close to the sound I was going for. You can adjust the amount of semitones too to create whatever you want.
tim_carrigg

Post by tim_carrigg »

Oh and also, you need to set the millisecond delay at 0 for both voices to get immediate results