Is there any point buying a Juno G?

Forum for JUNO-G
Wozza303

Is there any point buying a Juno G?

Post by Wozza303 »

Im looking to buy a workstation and like the look of the Juno G. Then I found all the stuff on the Internet about the LCD issues. Is this really as prolific as is reported? Seems like its virtually guaranteed that it will fail so surely anyone buying a Juno G would just be throwing their money down the drain if this is the case?
techie

Re: Is there any point buying a Juno G?

Post by techie »

Yes it is problematic, though it also depends on year of release and serial number. Bought mine in 2007 and it worked fine for 4 years straight after that, including gigging and transportation - but in 2011 LCD problems appeared on my machine as well :/ Other people were not so lucky (meaning it happened earlier), so it's really a lottery. I'll be honest - i love this board very much and still keep it despite screen problems, but i can't recommend it to you due to this issue. Just don't want you to be same as upset as me at some day if screen goes nuts :)

P.S. Let's see if Roland brings Juno line update in this winter Namm 2014.
Ricoche

Post by Ricoche »

I definitely would stay away from the Roland Juno-G. The LCD problem is a major one and it has not been fixed. It's a nice synth, but like the Roland Juno-106 voice chip problem, it's going to fail. At least with the 106 there is a cure. The Juno-G is a huge risk right now. Namm 2014 or another synth is your best bet.
Wozza303

Post by Wozza303 »

Thank you for the replies. Ive decided to steer clear of the Juno G. Great shame
dennis elbow

Post by dennis elbow »

i must be one of the lucky ones then bought my juno g may 2007 and i have had no problems with mine.
still works perfectly the only issue i had early on and some people say this,sticky menu button,but once i wore it in it works fine.so it wasn't sticky just needed wearing in.man i would like to say get one but.
like the other poster wouldn't want to know that you bought a duff turkey.
shame.