layered patches to one patch ?

Forum for JUNO-G
Patrik

layered patches to one patch ?

Post by Patrik »

hi all,

anyone has the idea how to save two or more layered patches in performance mode to just one patch in patch mode ? I realy need it cause I have no more free parts to use.
maybe adding some new parts (over 16) could also help.
I know JUNO G knows it !

thanks in advanced
techie

Re: layered patches to one patch ?

Post by techie »

I might be wrong but

a) adding more than 16 parts to performance ? sounds impossible to me

b) Making one patch from 2 patches ? It really depends on structure of those layered patches.

In Juno - G each patch can consist of 4 parts and not necessarily all of them are used in particular patches.
So if you have patch A and patch B and you want to combine them in patch C, given that patch A uses only 1 part and patch B consists of 2 parts :

In theory you could create patch C with 3 parts manually copying settings for Waveform, TVF, TVA - but you might run into troubles in modulation or effects section. What if patch A uses different reverb than patch B, or what if modulation wheel for patch A controls different parameter than for patch B ?
JunoJohn

Post by JunoJohn »

A Patch contains four Tones.

The Juno-G has a utility that can copy one Tone of a Patch to another Tone in a different Patch. See page 32 of the Owner's Manual, under "Copying Patch (Tone) Settings."

As Techie mentioned, you may still need to adjust some parameters separately.
Patrik

Post by Patrik »

thank guys. I knew there is a way.

tone copy function really open new possibilities if layering in perf mode is not sufficient.
actually you can get endless layering.
and with those settings patch edit (pro edit) gives you many options to edit each tone separately. and patch routing too.

thanks again.