Official Juno-G replacements from Roland!

Forum for JUNO-G
flsman

Re: Official Juno-G replacements from Roland!

Post by flsman »

Hello! I too am looking for the firmware update please!! Whoever has the files, can you please email them to me: flsman@hotmail.com Thank you. Akos, from Hungary.
atordjo

Post by atordjo »

Hi SagaciousB,

Can you please sent me the boot 1.01 and software update 2.01 for the Roland Juno G in order to make my new display work. I would really appreciate that. Here is my email address: aviandi.tordjo@gmail.om

Kind regards
padrekonsalez

Post by padrekonsalez »

Hi atordjo or anyone else,
another one who is searchin for the files. Please send it to padrekonsalez@los-skalameros.de
Thank you and best regards!
arp70blue

Post by arp70blue »

Guys,

I too have had the screen issue and got a replacement screen from Roland UK which I fitted myself.
I have the update files for the screen and I am happy to email them to a few of you but if it is likely that I will have a thousand people with the same issue then would suggest that I upload them to somewhere on this forum as a sticky so that persons requiring these in the future can access them.

Can one of the Moderators advise on this?

NOTE: The files are from Roland UK - I do not know if these will work with LCDs / Synths in other parts of the world - you use these ENTIRELY at your own risk and I will accept no responsibility for any damage, dead synths after installing the software. Instructions are provided in the zip file on a MS Word document which comes from Roland as part of the zip package.

Something I am unsure of is by distributing this software am I in breach of any regulations - someone may have an idea on this.

The file will be 12.3MB so outside some normal emailing systems.

Cheers.
muzior

Post by muzior »

Hi All! I too am looking for the firmware update Please! Whoever has the files, can you please email them to me - muzior67@gmail.com. Thanks!. Peter from Poland.
kamilm216

Post by kamilm216 »

I too am looking for the firmware update please!! Whoever has the files, can you please email them to me: kamil.moskal86@gmail.com. Thank you!
Leo Castro

Post by Leo Castro »

Hi, all of you can email me, and I will send you the files and instructions of how to do it.
All at your own risk!! And remember that only works with the new screen, NOT the old one. Pay attention please. Long live to the Juno G! Email: tortugacastro@gmail.com
Striple

Post by Striple »

Hi, I'm ready to pay out for the new screen but can no longer find it for sale on the Roland site, I had it in my shopping cart at one time, but had to sort out a US address. Have they stopped selling it now? Anyone have a link please.
Striple

Post by Striple »

FYI I ended up emailing Roland and getting the part direct over the phone in Australia. The part does not appear on the US or AU websites, but is available. Cameron is also sending me the update files and instructions for install. Part number is 5100038847 and cost me $120AUD delivered - well happy :)
Here's his info, he prefers email at Cameron.Crawford@roland(dot)com
CAMERON CRAWFORD
SPARE PARTS ADMINISTRATOR
2/32 CAMPBELL AVENUE, DEE WHY, NSW 2099, AUST
phone: +61 (0) 2 9982 8266
genesis92

Post by genesis92 »

After a big battle my reseller took the repair costs at its charge (119€).(I bought good chocolates to thank him)
But he told me that the roland repair service did not want to repair it for free even if they know the faulty LCD issue. (and that was the second time I replaced the LCD on my Juno).
Now I won't order roland again. I only keep my vintage units (D110 - D550 - JD-990 - XV2080 - XV5080) Because I can repair them.
techie

Post by techie »

I wrote to Roland Germany (unfortunately there is no official Roland support in my country and Germany is not far away) if i could purchase the screen from them directly - got no answer. Maybe I should rather try UK Roland support (probably it was bad idea to write to german support office in english).
askuse7

Post by askuse7 »

For those Juno-G owners in Ontario Canada I have an update.

I called Roland Canada in Richmond Hill, Ontario and the tech confirmed they are still doing Juno-G screen replacements. They moved about a year ago from their old Mississauga location and are now located at the address below:

Roland Canada Factory Service
Unit 3 - 80 West Beaver Creek Road
Richmond Hill, ON
L4B 1H3
Phone: 647-361-2080, ext. 2 (Service Dept.)

Their hours are Mon-Fri 9 am to 5 pm.

I live just a couple hours drive away, so I will be backing up all of my data and then dropping my Juno-G off next week. I have read that the procedure requires updating the firmware so backing up your data is a good idea before you take it in. I did not hear a price to do the job but an email I received a couple of years ago when I first inquired quoted $60 for the labour to do the repair and the LCD screen was free. I am going to ask them to also take a look at the main Volume potentiometer which still works but is very wobbly.

Most importantly, I was told the turn-around time for the LCD repair would be 1 week.

For more general info about the Roland Richmond Hill, Ontario factory service repair depot visit:

https://www.roland.com/ca/support/repairs_parts/

HTH

Andy
Leo Castro

Post by Leo Castro »

Nice. Thanks for the information.
askuse7

Post by askuse7 »

Update: Yesterday I picked up my Juno-G from the Roland Canada Service Depot in Richmond Hill, after having the LCD screen replaced and a loose master volume pot replaced. The new screen looks the same as the old screen but is working perfectly. Maybe my imagination but the contrast seems a little better. The new volume potentiometer is also much better, no longer wobbly or loose. The firmware has been updated from 2.00 to 2.01. Not sure what changes this brings other than support for the new LCD. Matt emailed me a couple of times with details about the repair to keep me up-to-date on their progress, and he then called me middle of last week to tell me that it was done, so the turn-around time was about 2 and a half weeks which I am very happy with. They also reloaded all my data! Thanks to Matt and the techs at Roland Canada in Richmond Hill for the speedy service and excellent communication!

P.S. Forgot to mention, they charge $40 per hour for bench labour, and the job took 2 hours so total labour was $80. If you've seen anyone attempt to do this job on Youtube you know it's a complex job! The LCD was free, and the volume pot was $3.20, so total together with tax the whole thing came to $94.02 CAD. Very reasonable for extending the life of an instrument that is so incredibly powerful and versatile!

Andy
Leo Castro

Post by Leo Castro »

Great news! 2.01 is only to work with the new LCD. And is not your imagination, the new display has better contrast, it's more clean, no shadows or blurred zones.
Congrats!