juno g as slave from emx1 and esx1?

Forum for JUNO-G
dennis elbow

juno g as slave from emx1 and esx1?

Post by dennis elbow »

hello all does anyone know how to have the juno g as the slave in a chian of three devices.
i will try to explain.

i have a korg emx1 and a korg esx1 both synced,midi out from emx1 into midi in on the esx1 then out of the
esx1 into the juno g.(juno g set as slave)
i have the emx1 drum channel on midi channel 10,then synth parts 1 to 5 set as 1 to 5 midi channel.
i have esx1 drum channel set to midi channel 11 and the two synth parts set to 6 and 7 midi channels.
i have the emx1 as the master first in the chain set to internal clock then esx1 second in the chain set to ext clock and juno g third in the chain set as slave.
i can record notes into the juno g but i cannot get the master and the second in chain to transmit notes at the same time into the juno g.but it's one or the other.
i hope im making sense.
i have tried swapping the midi out to the midi thru on the second in the chain(esx1)but will only transmit one of the korgs.weird.
so i want to be able to use both korgs emx1 and esx1 notes into juno g at the same time.
and not have to swap the midi out to the midi thru when i want to trigger emx1 or esx1.
dennis elbow

Re: juno g as slave from emx1 and esx1?

Post by dennis elbow »

you can delete this thread if you like don't need an answer so not that bothered if anyone does.
.and i'm not being sarcastic.
cheers.