Strange issue with Juno G and Kurzweil PC3 - MIDI

Forum for JUNO-G
robygenoa82

Strange issue with Juno G and Kurzweil PC3 - MIDI

Post by robygenoa82 »

Hi all, I spent all yesterday evening trying to perform the following, without success:

I have a Setup in Kurzweil PC3 and I want to use the JUNO G keybed to play one zone of that setup, while the other is played on the Kurz. In detail:
Zone 1 Piano played on Kurz
Zone 2 Strings played on Juno

So, what I did?

Midi Cable: Juno MIDI OUT ---> PC3 MIDI IN

Created a test performance on the Juno with Part 2 with level = 0 (it should transmit on Channel 2 by default, I presume) and on the PC3 I set the Local Channel parameter for Zone 2 to 2M, which means that the zone reacts only to midi messages. And in fact, if I play the Setup on the Kurz, I hear only Zone 1. That's fine.

The problem is, playing the Juno G doesn't produce any sound at all! Nothing! I tried with 2 different cables, same result! The opposite, playing Juno sounds on Kurz, works well!

I tried different combinations of options, different channels, I went through the system-midi options several times, but without success.

Any help would be much appreciated! Thanks in advance!
JunoJohn

Re: Strange issue with Juno G and Kurzweil PC3 - MIDI

Post by JunoJohn »

Welcome to the Roland Clan, Robygenoa82!
robygenoa82 wrote:…Created a test performance on the Juno with Part 2 with level = 0…
If you set the Juno level to something higher (like 127), does the Kurzweil produce a sound?
robygenoa82

Post by robygenoa82 »

Hi John, thanks!
Unfortunately, your suggestion didn't lead to any improvement :( Still no sound! I'm very upset and puzzled, I'm not a guy who gives up, but I've tried everything so far and nothing seems to work... I also tried with another MIDI Cable, but without luck...
robygenoa82

Post by robygenoa82 »

SOLVED!!!!!

When I was going to give up... I tried to switch USB MODE from Midi to Storage... and that did the trick!!!

Anyway, another problem...
In my setlist I also need some "real" performances on the Juno, but with the Midi Cable which links the two keyboards, now every performance I play will also make the Kurzweil sound... how to disable Midi transmission on Performance base and not on System base?
robygenoa82

Post by robygenoa82 »

I solved in a very strange way... I set the Receive (why??) channels for my two sounds of the Performance to Channels 3 and 4.