Panning tracks

Forum for JUNO-G
Witness

Panning tracks

Post by Witness »

Hi all

I have started using my daughters Juno G and wish to use it for recording on my tascam 008. I want to record a rhythm and bass track using the apreggio etc. however I want to record them on different tracks to edit the bass and drums separately once on the recorder. Is there a (simple!) way of doing this? Can i Send the drums on one output and the bass on another maybe by panning one totally to the left and the other to the right which should split to 2 mono outputs to record on 2 tracks.

I find the Juno G incredibly complicated but that's probably my age !?!?

Any suggetsions would be good. Thanks for reading
marczellm

Re: Panning tracks

Post by marczellm »

There are 4 out jacks on the JUNO-G. You can use them as 2 stereo pairs or 4 mono outputs.

Set the global output mode to PARALLEL (user manual page 158, MENU/SYSTEM/GENERAL/SOUND).

If you are recording drums and bass, you are probably in PERFORMANCE mode (I suggest using it anyway, so you can have more tracks). Enter the PART VIEW, go to the lower page and select the OUTPUT tab. There you can select, for each part, whether it goes into the A stereo pair, the B stereo pair, or individually into jacks 1-4.
Witness

Post by Witness »

Marc

I will try this tonight but it sounds just what I am looking for! I have tried the manual but can't get my head around it. What you have said sounds simple.

Big thanks!
Witness

Post by Witness »

Marry

Thanks I have got it - good instructions btw. Never would have got to that on my own.

Big thanks